The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-07 03:41:34

MiyoLinux

[MiyoLinux] MiyoLinux Accessories website

I've made a small website that will allow anyone to see the codes used for the various MiyoLinux Accessories...in case they would like to use them on their own system or distro.

I've included screenshots of the Accessories, requirements (dependencies), basic information/instructions, .desktop file links, GUI code links, and the GUI codes (shown as plain text) that are used in MiyoLinux.

The codes and information available are for the following...

1. Live Keyboard Layout Changer (includes a link to download the country's flag icons)
2. The Control Center
3. Panel Switcher (with Docky)
4. Panel Switcher (with Plank)
5. Touchpad Controls
6. Conky Controls
7. Compton Controls
8. The MiyoLinux Welcome Screen

If anyone is interested in using any of these, feel free to do so. I have no concern as to whether you acknowledge MiyoLinux or not...they are all licensed under Public Domain.

MAKE IT YOUR OWN! wink

Here's the site...

http://miyolinux.weebly.com/

They are also on github...

https://github.com/MiyoLinux?tab=repositories

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2018-03-16 20:52:05)

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2018-03-07 07:58:43

Panopticon

Re: [MiyoLinux] MiyoLinux Accessories website

Very cool, thanks MiyoLinux.

#3 2018-03-08 00:07:25

MiyoLinux

Thanks Panopticon.

To anyone interested, I'm still working on the site. Today, I changed how the codes are presented...I found a "code block" plugin to use, so the codes are now more defined.

I'm continuing to add more to it as time allows.

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#4 2018-03-08 02:02:37

msi

MiyoLinux wrote:

I've made a small website that will allow anyone to see the codes used for the various MiyoLinux Accessories...in case they would like to use them on their own system or distro.
[...]
http://miyolinux.weebly.com/

Very interesting, especially the Control Center and OB Menu Generator scripts! I've been thinking a lot about putting together a clean and lean desktop environment around Openbox lately and these things look very inspiring. Unfortunately, I still lack any serious programming skills. Also, I would not be able to use Yad, since the list of design dogmas I've come up with so far includes "Thou shalt have no GTK3 UI".

MiyoLinux wrote:

I'm not a fan of the various "Git-hubaloo" sites, so I made this site instead. big_smile

But contrary to weebly, "Git-hubaloo" let's you navigate the site without having to allow third-party (or any) Javascript code to be executed and also offers version control and collaboration features, which is very useful.

If anyone is interested in using any of these, feel free to do so. I have no concern as to whether you acknowledge MiyoLinux or not...

I suppose, the best way to communicate that would be putting the code under an appropriate license. You could maybe use the WTFPL if that suits your taste.

#5 2018-03-08 04:03:14

MiyoLinux

I'm not a coder either. My motto is, "I don't often code, but when I do, it's not often." tongue

I just try stuff until it works...along with a lot of internet searches.

As to yad, I should probably give better instructions on the site...all that's required is to install yad, and the scripts (requiring yad) will work (for the most part). A user would only need to edit the existing code(s) to point to their personal folders, window icons, etc. "Someone" I know has a gtk2 version of yad, but I don't know if he's made it available for download yet.

Good idea about the license...thank you. I will probably just put them under Public Domain.

Thanks!

#6 2018-03-08 19:45:14

fsmithred
Administrator

yad_0.38 for gtk2 debs here -
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file … _packages/

(The ones for jessie seem to work fine in ascii, so use the jessie build for i386.)

This one isn't in the sha256sum file on that page:
yad_0.38.2-1-gtk2-ascii_amd64.deb
2d0aa1dfd0a6f410e3e440fa36b875cea141ead16b2598655098e38570b013ea

#7 2018-03-08 22:57:55

stanz

Panopticon wrote:

Very cool, thanks MiyoLinux.

Yep ~ I echo that! smile
Where's that "thumbs-up" smiley thingy? lol

miyoisomix.i2p

#8 2018-03-11 06:18:45

xunilog

Thanks for sharing your accessories. I'm stuck: on several pages the code displayed in the codebox seems incomplete

http://miyolinux.weebly.com/compton.html
http://miyolinux.weebly.com/touchpad-controls.html

FWIW, I tried viewing the pages both with firefox and palemoon

#9 2018-03-11 10:43:49

Oldmoss

xunilog wrote:

Thanks for sharing your accessories. I'm stuck: on several pages the code displayed in the codebox seems incompleten

Probably some blocking from your side.
Tried with Tor Browser with noscript and Request Policy Continued addons.
Default settings is not to accept anything. No code showed up.
Allowed javascript for the site.
Accepted requests to editmysite.com and ajax.googleapis.
And the code snippets showed up.

#10 2018-03-11 12:41:51

MiyoLinux

Sorry for the trouble.

Sometime today, I'll remove all of the codes from the code blocks and just put them in as plain text.

#11 2018-03-11 14:04:40

MiyoLinux

xunilog wrote:

Thanks for sharing your accessories. I'm stuck: on several pages the code displayed in the codebox seems incomplete

http://miyolinux.weebly.com/compton.html
http://miyolinux.weebly.com/touchpad-controls.html

FWIW, I tried viewing the pages both with firefox and palemoon

Until I'm able to change things on the site, here are those two codes...

Touchpad Controls

#!/bin/sh
yad --title="Touchpad Controls" --width=350 --window-icon="/usr/share/miyolinux/miyolinux.png" --text-align=center --center --buttons-layout="center" \
--text="
HINT: Your touchpad must have already been ON and active before selecting Off While Typing.
" \
--button="On":"synclient TouchpadOff=0" \
--button="Off":"synclient TouchpadOff=1" \
--button="Off While Typing":"syndaemon -i 2.0 -d" \

Compton Controls

#!/bin/sh
yad --title="Compton" --width=230 --window-icon="/usr/share/miyolinux/miyolinux.png" --text-align=center --center --buttons-layout="center" --text="
Turn Compton On or Off.
" \
--button="On":"compton" \
--button="Off":"killall compton" \

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2018-03-11 15:45:44)

#12 2018-03-11 21:23:24

MiyoLinux

Okay, I have all of the code boxes removed on the site; the codes are back as plain text.

I've gone ahead and taken msi's advice and created a github account. I'll be putting all of the codes on there soon. Right now, the Readme file is all that exists on there. I'll post a link (and edit the opening post) when it's ready. The website will continue to be available too.

#13 2018-03-11 21:40:51

golinux
Administrator

MiyoLinux wrote:

Okay, I have all of the code boxes removed on the site; the codes are back as plain text.

Another option would be to link to the code in a text file that could be opened in an editor that can "save as".  Less possibility for error that way.

#14 2018-03-12 22:45:14

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

Another option would be to link to the code in a text file that could be opened in an editor that can "save as".  Less possibility for error that way.

Okee Dokee...

I took your advice and included links (on the website) to both the accessory's .desktop files and the actual accessory's codes. All are now available on the original website. Now to get to work on making the codes available on GitHub... tongue

#15 2018-03-13 20:40:00

greenjeans
Website

Hey I zipped up the extensions I use in pcmanfm and they are on my SF section, feel free to add them to your accessories if you feel like anyone could use them.

I need to document a tad better, also need to update a little code to work with newer Imagemagick before I make an ascii version of a couple of them, the current stuff all works 100% with jessie.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

#16 2018-03-13 21:52:46

MiyoLinux

Okay. The Accessories are now on github. I'll add the link to the opening post too.

https://github.com/MiyoLinux?tab=repositories

Thanks greenjeans, but I don't want people to mistakenly think your work was done by me. I fear that even if I make that clear in the readme file, folks may still think it came from me...but I do deeply appreciate the offer.

#17 2018-03-16 14:53:40

MiyoLinux

One last post...

I realized that I neglected to include the "MiyoLinux Welcome Screen". I will add that to both the website and github later today. After doing so, I'll come back here and modify the OP.

Board footer