The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-12 19:25:56

parazyd

What to do if my question is not answered?

When looking for support, the forums and the mailing list (DNG) should be the first place where you should ask questions about Devuan.

Unfortunately, some developers do not check the forums regularly, so if your queries are not or can not be answered, you can try and get in touch with them on IRC:

Server: chat.freenode.net

For general questions: #devuan
For ARM-specific things: #devuan-arm
For contacting the Devuan developer team: #devuan-dev

If you have posted a question here, and decided to ask it in IRC, please do your best to relay the answers back here.

Thanks for understanding!

#2 2017-06-15 01:02:38

garyz.dev1

Re: What to do if my question is not answered?

Which forums (plural) are you referring to?  the dev1galaxy and possibly the discourse.devuan.org??  I was under the impression hellikin(sic) was dropping the
maintenance of it.-- so it would be a historical record from now on.
I am new at IRC, but is someone monitoring the d-dev channel ? 24 hours - or is it logged so I can drop a line and check back later or leave my email?
I ask because I went to the #d1g-users several times and found no one (I assume)[could have been my drum-roll entrance!]
TIA for any light you may shed --(OR others)

#3 2017-06-15 01:39:25

golinux
Administrator

Re: What to do if my question is not answered?

garyz.dev1 wrote:

Which forums (plural) are you referring to?  the dev1galaxy and possibly the discourse.devuan.org??  I was under the impression hellekin(sic) was dropping the
maintenance of it.-- so it would be a historical record from now on.

Nice to see that you made it to the forum garyz.dev1.  Yes, that is a bit confusing. talk.devuan.org is now read-only but wasn't when this thread was started.  Hopefully it can remain as an historical archive in some format.

I am new at IRC, but is someone monitoring the d-dev channel ? 24 hours - or is it logged so I can drop a line and check back later or leave my email?

Someone is always logged into the #devuan- channels.  I am on maybe 18 hours a day. but not always in front of the computer. You can leave a question on #devuan and then check the botbot logs later to see if it's been answered.

I ask because I went to the #d1g-users several times and found no one (I assume)[could have been my drum-roll entrance!]
TIA for any light you may shed --(OR others)

#d1g-users has hardly had any traffic since we got it going.  You'll have a better chance of catching our attention if you call us by name like you did on #devuan yesterday.

Board footer