The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#126 2017-10-26 21:12:28

MiyoLinux

Re: [MiyoLinux] New Releases Uploaded

fungus wrote:

I was referring to the image (iso)

Oh...okay. Well, the actual .iso image has been squashed. Anything added in the live session hasn't been...so it's showing the additions as their actual size added to the squashed .iso image...if that makes sense.

fungus wrote:

This has a date right?
Miyo-XTRA-Ascii-64bit-20171024

Yes, that's the date.

fungus wrote:

I'm going to work on my celeron-xtra now with 256k-Ram

Wow! Give us a screenshot when you're finished! smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#127 2017-10-27 19:29:11

MiyoLinux

Mwuhaha...MWUHAHA...MWUHAHAAAAA!!!

Yes...YES...YES!!!

My stinkin' intuition stinkin' paid off for stinkin' once! LOL!

As of this writing on 27 October 2017 at 15:27 EST, I just finished upgrading Miyo-XTRA-Ascii to Ceres, and the dynamic Applications menu works without a hitch! big_smile

Y...E...S...!!!

Stinkin' great! big_smile

...now to fix the Exec= commands in some of the applications... wink

Y...E...S...!!!

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#128 2017-11-09 03:38:58

MiyoLinux

MiyoLinux wrote:

Downloads of the Ascii version are at...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … TRA-Ascii/

If anyone has installed Miyo XTRA Ascii, and you're experiencing VERY SLOW updates, the fix is in the MiyoLinux Wiki on Sourceforge...

https://sourceforge.net/p/miyolinux/wik … %20FIX%21/

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2017-11-09 03:40:16)

#129 2017-11-09 06:53:17

fungus
Website

MiyoLinux wrote:
fungus wrote:

I was afraid this was going to happen but as Debian dropped support for some firmware, of my very unique gfx, between Jessie and Ascii, the installation fails when X is started.  So it is not miyo or devuan, it was a debian decision.  This is on an old Asus board with celeron on it, among the last generation of the 32bit systems, but the internal gfx seemed to be very rare.  It was one of those that had the capability of higher RAM handling (PAE... I forget).  With systems of a decade later being sold with a year warranty for $50 I doubt this would be much of a concern to anyone.
Unfortunately there are places in the world, quite a few, that such a machine would provide years of training and education to kids learning linux.  But western devs couldn't care less.

But, we can still test 32bit systems on our luxurious $50 machines smile

#130 2017-11-09 12:00:07

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:
fungus wrote:

I was afraid this was going to happen but as Debian dropped support for some firmware, of my very unique gfx, between Jessie and Ascii, the installation fails when X is started.  So it is not miyo or devuan, it was a debian decision.  This is on an old Asus board with celeron on it, among the last generation of the 32bit systems, but the internal gfx seemed to be very rare.  It was one of those that had the capability of higher RAM handling (PAE... I forget).  With systems of a decade later being sold with a year warranty for $50 I doubt this would be much of a concern to anyone.
Unfortunately there are places in the world, quite a few, that such a machine would provide years of training and education to kids learning linux.  But western devs couldn't care less.

But, we can still test 32bit systems on our luxurious $50 machines smile

Is the firmware still in Debian Jessie (or even Wheezy)? If so, you could download the .deb for the firmware from Debian and install it that way...then make your .iso?

#131 2017-11-09 16:10:04

fungus
Website

It was a while ago, early stages of stretch being testing, that I tried.  The workaround was possible but not permanent but very complicated.  It wasn't firmware itself that was missing or the kernel alone but some other systemic change of hardening what the kernel could reach and communicate to X.  Even the Jessie 3.** kernel wouldn't start X once the system was upgraded to stretch.  So this is permanently staying at devuan jessie now.

#132 2017-11-18 16:52:26

MiyoLinux

Good grief...

Been spending the whole morning revamping my MiyoLinux themes and my Adwaita Revisted themes. I just noticed a very slight color variation in the Adwaita theme's color in Ascii. Strange. The Adwaita Dark theme was still the same.

Plus, it's been so long since I worked on the MiyoLinux themes, I hadn't noticed that they were missing several options. Got that fixed too.

Coding... tongue

LOL!

#133 2017-11-18 17:29:50

golinux
Administrator

MiyoLinux wrote:

Good grief...

I just noticed a very slight color variation in the Adwaita theme's color in Ascii. Strange.

OT . . . I can really relate to this.  Trying to theme ascii and there is a significant color variation between the image in the viewer/editor and as the desktop wallpaper even on jessie.   I have no idea what's going on . . .

#134 2017-11-18 18:15:47

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

Good grief...

I just noticed a very slight color variation in the Adwaita theme's color in Ascii. Strange.

OT . . . I can really relate to this.  Trying to theme ascii and there is a significant color variation between the image in the viewer/editor and as the desktop wallpaper even on jessie.   I have no idea what's going on . . .

Whew...so it's not just me...

#135 2017-11-18 19:24:43

golinux
Administrator

MiyoLinux wrote:
golinux wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

Good grief...

Whew...so it's not just me...

Well, I fixed my issue which was that I had tweaked the brightness/saturation settings for a desktop gradient.  Once I reset them to default, everything returned to normal. Hope your solution is that easy.  The hard part is remembering . . .

#136 2017-11-18 19:46:15

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:

Well, I fixed my issue which was that I had tweaked the brightness/saturation settings for a desktop gradient.  Once I reset them to default, everything returned to normal. Hope your solution is that easy.  The hard part is remembering . . .

Well, mine wasn't that simple, but it was an easy fix...just had to change all of the background color codes to match.

From the Adwaita GTK2 gtkrc file...

# This is the GTK+ 2 version of Adwaita. It's whole purpose is to look as the
GTK+ 3 version as much as possible until GTK+ 2 dies completely.

Meanwhile...

Miyolinux takes a long-deep breath and contemplates the meaning of life while stewing over GTK3ism's impact upon sanity...

tongue

#137 2017-11-18 20:44:54

greenjeans
Website

MiyoLinux wrote:

Plus, it's been so long since I worked on the MiyoLinux themes, I hadn't noticed that they were missing several options. Got that fixed too.

So....code please for your children who use Miyolinux themes exclusively. wink

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

#138 2017-11-18 21:53:54

MiyoLinux

greenjeans wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

So....code please for your children who use Miyolinux themes exclusively. wink

Oy...

Not sure how you'll like the new MiyoLinux Light. tongue 

I made the menu separators flat. Still, if you don't mind the little bit of extra work, just adjust it to your needs. You should only need to change two or three things...just compare the "Menu" section of the old themerc with the new one. All of the extra things that I added have to do with window buttons. Just keep in mind that I changed the background colors. The MiyoLinux Dark and MiyoLinux Mix are still "basically" the same as before.

Edited: Oh...almost forgot...I also made the "hover" and "pressed" colors a little more vibrant...

Here's the link...it's the "Miyo-Ascii-Themes.zip".

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … es/Themes/

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2017-11-18 21:55:08)

#139 2017-11-18 22:16:14

golinux
Administrator

@Miyo . . . do you have screenies of your themes anywhere?  And what desktops are they for?

#140 2017-11-18 22:23:58

fungus
Website

Little birdy came by and told me about this menu making pkg called kickshaw
It looks like ob-gen menus but  simpler and more reliable.
What do you do without panel or anything else, having a system autologin to openbox with the obmenu-generator going dead and all you get is a right click that ob-gen is not working.  And none of the shortcuts to other ttys work.
Thank goddess for a power button and the end of the chord!

#141 2017-11-18 22:37:46

greenjeans
Website

fungus wrote:

Little birdy came by and told me about this menu making pkg called kickshaw
It looks like ob-gen menus but  simpler and more reliable.
What do you do without panel or anything else, having a system autologin to openbox with the obmenu-generator going dead and all you get is a right click that ob-gen is not working.  And none of the shortcuts to other ttys work.
Thank goddess for a power button and the end of the chord!

I have literally never had a problem with obmenu-generator.

But I imagine trying to "upgrade" to ascii or ceres or anything else that's not only unstable at the moment but isn't in fact even an official alpha release, might present some issues....

I guarantee you when the VUA's officially release 2.0, that I will produce a stable Vuu-do that most likely will still use Obmenu-generator as it's simple and relatively bulletproof IF you use it in a stable distribution. wink

Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

#142 2017-11-18 22:39:27

greenjeans
Website

golinux wrote:

@Miyo . . . do you have screenies of your themes anywhere?  And what desktops are they for?

Check my Vuu-do screenies, they all use Miyolinux Dark (and likely always will as they are exactly my cup of tea)!

#143 2017-11-19 12:52:15

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:

Well...kind of...please note that they are only window themes. I'm on my phone, so I'll have to link what I can...

Adwaita Revisited (Xfwm)

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1176272/

Adwaita Revisited (Openbox)

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1179478/

I don't have the MiyoLinux (Openbox) themes there, but this was the precursor to them...

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1150620/

#144 2017-11-19 15:56:36

fungus
Website

This is very cloudy, foggy, googly, scripty, I can only see the logo of opendesktop

Please describe what you see for the blind tongue
Trust us miyo clients, it is worth downloading and running it.  I think only Obarun's jwm compares
to the funkiest of minimal desktops.

#145 2017-11-20 23:52:08

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

This is very cloudy, foggy, googly, scripty, I can only see the logo of opendesktop

Please describe what you see for the blind tongue
Trust us miyo clients, it is worth downloading and running it.  I think only Obarun's jwm compares
to the funkiest of minimal desktops.

Okay...I hate to admit this...

I've studied your post several times in order to try and figure out what you're saying...I also pride myself (at times) for being a puzzle-deducer...I also try to put myself in other's "shoes" in order to gain a better understanding of where they're coming from...however...

I don't have a clue what you're saying here! LOLOLOLOL!!! tongue

#146 2017-11-21 01:10:22

golinux
Administrator

MiyoLinux wrote:

I've studied your post several times in order to try and figure out what you're saying...I also pride myself (at times) for being a puzzle-deducer...I also try to put myself in other's "shoes" in order to gain a better understanding of where they're coming from...however...

I don't have a clue what you're saying here! LOLOLOLOL!!! tongue

You are not alone

#147 2017-11-21 02:44:03

fsmithred
Administrator

Translation: Too much javascript.
(fungus obviously has a lower threshold than my limit of 4-5 allowances. I could see it fine once I unlocked a few doors.)

#148 2017-11-21 05:41:39

MiyoLinux

Oh.

I need to get out more often...

#149 2017-11-21 06:43:37

fungus
Website

In Palemoon and other mozilla derivatives you can add a plugin called noscript (a traffic no-sign with a ghostbusters ghost)

With noscript if you don't see something you want to see you can relax the block to specific sites (permanently or temporarily), but it is amazing how much information you can still get without the script-fluff.

If we were able to tell how and what those scripts are doing what they are doing there wouldn't be noscript

I haven't seen or heard the word malware for years and years.  With cloud based servers life has become harder as you have to allow cloud scripts to let you to see a site.  So the internet has shrunk back to its healthier form of less fluff.

I call it the s/f rario, signal to fluff.  Only I include a level of doubt that not all fluff is innocent, and not all sheep is vegetarian.  I see sheep with sharp front teeth and saliva dripping.

golinux - get back on the turnip truck  wink

Last edited by fungus (2017-11-21 06:45:02)

#150 2017-11-21 06:55:19

fungus
Website

It would be interesting to see a list of free webmail services still operating a non-script server.
I only know of one and it is not even longer open to anyone but those recommended from inside.
The rest are all java-lavra-mavra and incorporate scripts from third sites.
Communication without the middle-man had become extremely difficult and a science of its own.
Systemd was only ONE of the middle-men, don't dare think we are anywhere near seeing light.
We are merely beginning to see shadows.

The more we talk about it the more conscious and real it becomes.  The majority will choose the
blue pill and get back to facebook on their brand new UEFI windows 11.
Windows 11 is a covered up dressed up, locked, VM running on Debian-systemd co-production.

Board footer