The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-06-09 02:17:56

golinux
Administrator

Re: What will happen to Windows?

OK . . .

FTR . . . I don't have a grudge against Windows users. Neither do I want to rescue them from their own stupidity.  That is a fool's endeavor.

#27 2021-06-09 02:21:37

golinux
Administrator

andyprough wrote:

That's too bad.

Yes and no. It just is what it is.  If that's not OK, you're in trouble . . .

#28 Today 12:17:24

blackhole

"If my fears come true, there will be a storm of indignation around the world, very soon! And that will affect Microsoft too. I don't know how many users Windos has, but if only 25% switch to Linux, then you should be well prepared for it."

I'm afraid your predictions might be just a bit off oh great prophet.

Whatever is exposed about certain individuals, no matter how big, the world will still turn and MS will still dominate their x86 PC market. Business is business.

Last edited by blackhole (Today 12:17:57)

Black Holes Matter

#29 Today 12:40:02

zapper

blackhole wrote:

"If my fears come true, there will be a storm of indignation around the world, very soon! And that will affect Microsoft too. I don't know how many users Windos has, but if only 25% switch to Linux, then you should be well prepared for it."

I'm afraid your predictions might be just a bit off oh great prophet.

Whatever is exposed about certain individuals, no matter how big, the world will still turn and MS will still dominate their x86 PC market. Business is business.

x86 is also a huge and stupid problem. 

On a semi related note, corporations are dangerous without actual checks and balances.

Black Lives Matter!  I am white, but I prefer equality over hatred.
Haughtiness comes before a fall, pride before destruction.
Peace be with you!
May those who exalt themselves be judged if they refuse to repent!

#30 Today 16:55:21

starbreaker
Website

zapper wrote:

On a semi related note, corporations are dangerous without actual checks and balances.

The whole legal framework around US corporations is a mess, IMO.

• Corporations should have a clearly defined purpose.

• Once a corporation has carried out its purpose, it should disband.

• Corporations should not be allowed to exist for more than 20 years.

• Businesses incorporated within a state should only be permitted to operate within that state.

• Businesses that operate across state or international borders should be required to incorporate at the Federal level.

• Corporations should not be treated as legal persons, but as privately owned/operated government agencies.

• Corporations should not have rights, but limited powers defined by law.

• Corporations that overstep their boundaries should be summarily dissolved, and their assets confiscated to compensate non-executive workers for unexpected job loss.

• Responsibility for corporate malfeasance should fall on the majority shareholders, board of directors, CEO, and senior management—and carry both civil and criminal liability.

• Corporations should under no circumstance be protected by the First Amendment, let alone permitted to engage in advertising (aka private-sector psyops).

• Intellectual property from defunct corporations should immediately enter the public domain.

• Everybody involved in a corporation's operations should have a say in how the corporation is run.

• Employees should not be fired without due process to prove cause.

Last edited by starbreaker (Today 16:58:11)

"Out of order? [BLEEP!] Even in the future nothing works."
desktop: refurbished ThinkCentre M92p (i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD)
laptop: refurbished Thinkpad T60 (Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 1TB SSD)
gemini capsule: starbreaker.org

Board footer