The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-25 10:29:36

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Hello friends,

I want to let you know about my Re-spin. It's just a customization of Devuan 5, with custom xfce desktop. Neofetch also customised and with a tool to remove win partition passwords, using it in live mode.

The purpose is to create a rescue usb-live to be able to repair access to win. Besides being able to be used and installed on the pc.

Also the main intention is that everything is in Spanish when booting the usb, there are two options English (default) and Spanish (in other languages). In this way, the idea is to expand the use of Devuan in the Hispanic world.

I also have the calamares installer, but at the moment I can't get it to start and run. I'm still working on it. But having calamares, this expansion is possible.

The ISO is currently available with the refracta installer, which is also very solid and will always be available, but also calamares will be available in the near future.

Thanks for your support, and help to spread this re-spin, which is nothing more than a simple customisation of Devuan that I hope to like if it expands in thousands of downloads and installations to make daedalus a dominant distro in the world.

Best regards.

Here are some wallpapers:

9700f3_b884c2a1b04c443db17a4eb491263043~mv2.png
9700f3_3bc179ad642d4b44a2072bad18039bb5~mv2.png
9700f3_70e3f6bbea6840cabf783490e95232ea~mv2.png

Website, download: https://vendefoulwolf.wixsite.com/descarga/

Last edited by vendefoulwolf (2023-08-31 13:27:12)

Offline

#2 2023-08-26 14:00:07

rickNS
Member
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 3  

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

That is some pretty cool artwork on the wolf, I'm guessing you did that yourself?
I just joined to same day as you.

Offline

#3 2023-08-26 16:28:35

golinux
Administrator
Registered: 2016-11-25
Posts: 3,185  

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Welcome to Devuan! While I appreciate your contribution, I am puzzled by the title.  I have no idea how to pronounce it, can't remember how to spell it so not in my memory bank and "Vende" as in the French verb "Vendre" which means "to sell" has me confused as to your intentions. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

Offline

#4 2023-08-26 22:13:35

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

golinux wrote:

Welcome to Devuan! While I appreciate your contribution, I am puzzled by the title.  I have no idea how to pronounce it, can't remember how to spell it so not in my memory bank and "Vende" as in the French verb "Vendre" which means "to sell" has me confused as to your intentions. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

The intentions are to spread and propagate Devuan, the name occurred to me while watching a movie about wolves... just like that.

Offline

#5 2023-08-26 22:14:43

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

rickNS wrote:

That is some pretty cool artwork on the wolf, I'm guessing you did that yourself?
I just joined to same day as you.

Created by an AI

Offline

#6 2023-08-26 22:24:18

golinux
Administrator
Registered: 2016-11-25
Posts: 3,185  

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

vendefoulwolf wrote:
golinux wrote:

Welcome to Devuan! While I appreciate your contribution, I am puzzled by the title.  I have no idea how to pronounce it, can't remember how to spell it so not in my memory bank and "Vende" as in the French verb "Vendre" which means "to sell" has me confused as to your intentions. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

The intentions are to spread and propagate Devuan, the name occurred to me while watching a movie about wolves... just like that.

Did the AI write that non-answer also? LOL! I surrender . . .

Offline

#7 2023-08-27 05:52:00

charliebrownau
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2022-04-14
Posts: 62  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Gday
Thanks for your hard work

BTW
Whats the default root password
I clicked on Install/Intatar

toor

Didnt work for the password

------

PS
Check out

* Sourceforge for free linux iso hosting
    https://sourceforge.net/

* sourcehut for free linux project hosting
    https://sourcehut.org/

* ZeroSSL for a free SSL cert
   https://zerossl.com/

* Vultr VPS for a free teir VPS
  https://blogiestools.com/vultr-free-plan/
  https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=35183971
  https://lowendbox.com/blog/the-vultr-fr … e-details/

* Otherwise Racknerd have an VPS cheap package
  - USD$23 per YEAR - https://www.racknerd.com/kvm-vps

Also for crowd funding
Subscribe instead of ((( Pateron)))
LibrePay
Entropy
Cointr.ee

Good Luck

Offline

#8 2023-08-27 07:46:21

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

charliebrownau wrote:

Gday
Thanks for your hard work

BTW
Whats the default root password
I clicked on Install/Intatar

toor

Didnt work for the password

------

PS
Check out

* Sourceforge for free linux iso hosting
    https://sourceforge.net/

* sourcehut for free linux project hosting
    https://sourcehut.org/

* ZeroSSL for a free SSL cert
   https://zerossl.com/

* Vultr VPS for a free teir VPS
  https://blogiestools.com/vultr-free-plan/
  https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=35183971
  https://lowendbox.com/blog/the-vultr-fr … e-details/

* Otherwise Racknerd have an VPS cheap package
  - USD$23 per YEAR - https://www.racknerd.com/kvm-vps

Also for crowd funding
Subscribe instead of ((( Pateron)))
LibrePay
Entropy
Cointr.ee

Good Luck

Password user: vendefoulwolf
Password root: 1234

Offline

#9 2023-09-12 10:47:58

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Updated the ISO so that in the future whoever installs the VWolf23 re-spin can change init easily with a small script from the desktop. In addition, programs have been added and the xfce menu has been modified to make it more visual and easier to see, I leave you screenshots:

pantallazo-vwolf23-scsript-ini-1.jpg

pantallazo-vwolf23-scsript-ini-2.jpg

Offline

#10 2023-09-12 10:50:27

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

new password live:

user: devuan
password: Vwolf23

root: root
password: toor

Offline

#11 2023-10-06 21:03:33

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Added squid for easy installation and maximum spread of Respin and therefore Devuan 5.

photo-2023-10-06-22-58-39.jpg

Offline

#12 2023-10-07 01:24:17

alexkemp
Member
Registered: 2018-05-14
Posts: 302  

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

That *is* an awesome graphic!

Offline

#13 2023-10-09 20:45:01

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

The effective Calamares test

photo-2023-10-09-12-51-30.jpg

Offline

#14 2023-10-14 15:40:48

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

A new 32-bit version of Vendefoul Wolf 23 with lxqt flavour is available for very low-resource machines, also installs with Calamares.

photo-2023-10-14-17-31-30.jpgphoto-2023-10-14-17-38-22.jpgphoto-2023-10-14-10-15-04.jpgphoto-2023-10-14-12-54-43.jpgphoto-2023-10-14-17-38-06.jpg

As can be seen in the screenshot with libreoffice open, its consumption is only 444mb. It can be downloaded from the Re-spin website.

Offline

#15 2023-10-22 17:22:20

yemuyin
Member
Registered: 2023-09-14
Posts: 16  

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Genial tongue Estoy en lo mismo con antiX , tendré que probar con Devuan

Offline

#16 2023-10-23 08:32:20

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Devuan esta muy bien, con la instalación con Calamares no tendrás ningún problema. Además luego una vez instalada la versión Vendefoul Wolf, que va con sysvinit por defecto podrás cambiar a Runit u openRC sin mayores problemas que ejecuntando el icono que hay en el escritorio (usuario del respin) y será aplicado a todo el sistema incluyendo tu usuario creado en la instalación. Si quieres tenemos grupo de telegram para ayudarte en los problemas que puedan surgirte así cocmo hay contenido, fondos de pantalla, etc... Te esperamos en https://t.me/vendefoulwolf y tambien tenemos un wiki para consultar lo que más se puede necesitar del respin https://vendefoulwolf.wordpress.com/indice/

Offline

#17 2023-10-23 12:16:26

yemuyin
Member
Registered: 2023-09-14
Posts: 16  

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Gracias, tengo una instalación de devuan con runit que hice desde el net-install, me refería que estaba intentando hacer un respin de antiX, este con sysVinit, pero me queda por aprender tongue
Gracias tb por los enlaces

Offline

#18 2023-10-29 21:45:33

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

I leave you the address of the YouTube channel where I explain the secrets of respin

https://www.youtube.com/@vendefoulwolflinux

Offline

#19 2023-11-25 22:45:15

vendefoulwolf
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2023-08-23
Posts: 18  
Website

Re: New Vendefoul Wolf Re-spin | Devuan 5

Integrated into the system through a .deb package for all Vendefoul Wolf 64 bit users with a menu that brings together all the scripts created with utilities.
Integrado en el sistema mediante paquete .deb para todos los usuarios de Vendefoul Wolf 64 bit de un menú que aglutina todos los scripts creado con utilidades.

utiles-vw.png

Demo video:

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/9700f … 4/file.mp4

Offline

Board footer