The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-10-20 23:39:20

aitor
Website

Re: GNUinOS - Libre

zapper wrote:

Is it using both runit and runit-init?

I love that combo and am using it on my x230 thinkpad, and yes it is faster than openrc. smile

It does use both runit and runit-init, but most of the services are still managed in the classic way.

zapper wrote:

I would love to see Gnuinos be like a deblobbed devuan like trisquel is for ubuntu, only ten thousand fold better.  trisquel still has a lot of freedom issues, rust, java and redhat's bs services.

Yes, the freedom flaws related with rust and cargo due to IceCat, as you know from the Hyperbola forum.

If you work systematically, things will come by itself (Lev D. Landau)

#27 2020-10-21 01:00:26

zapper

Re: GNUinOS - Libre

aitor wrote:
zapper wrote:

Is it using both runit and runit-init?

I love that combo and am using it on my x230 thinkpad, and yes it is faster than openrc. smile

It does use both runit and runit-init, but most of the services are still managed in the classic way.

zapper wrote:

I would love to see Gnuinos be like a deblobbed devuan like trisquel is for ubuntu, only ten thousand fold better.  trisquel still has a lot of freedom issues, rust, java and redhat's bs services.

Yes, the freedom flaws related with rust and cargo due to IceCat, as you know from the Hyperbola forum.

Excellent to hear, is there a guide to migrate from devuan to gnuinos and is it almost as stable as devuan?

I would love an unbranded palemoon even more than even iceweasel-uxp, one that is set to reasonable privacy settings. 

And yes, I much prefer Hyperbola's way of doing things usually. I dislike anything to do with redhat, but for now some stuff needd.

If HyperbolaBSD is ever successful, I hope you or someone else will make their own spin. heh... I like to have wine, and that is not going to be available on HyperbolaBSD due to multilib security issues. For one of my laptops anyways... smile

That being said,  till that day comes of HyperbolaBSD being stable, I hope you will continue your tireless work. smile

Just a heads up though, I use the beowulf version of devuan

Last edited by zapper (2020-10-21 01:01:12)

Black Lives Matter!  I am white, but I prefer equality over hatred.
Haughtiness comes before a fall, pride before destruction.
Peace be with you!

Board footer