The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-31 14:51:38

fsmithred
Administrator

Refracta beowulf xfce isos

Betas:
https://get.refracta.org/files/testing/

I know there are a couple of issues with the high contrast theme. (wrong icon set, one wrong launcher.)

What else? (other than missing documentation. Don't worry, you'll figure it out. Release notes will come later, but they won't be much different from the last notes.)

#2 2019-12-31 21:49:55

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Refracta beowulf xfce isos

Works well in QEMU/KVM, great work!

How do you make the images so small? I use live-build for my images and they're twice the size, even for just an openbox desktop.

And can I steal your firemenu? That's a brilliant idea smile

Might be better to use a case statement for the find_editor function though, it will be parsed quicker than the elifs.

"Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#3 2019-12-31 22:11:56

golinux
Administrator

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

And can I steal your firemenu? That's a brilliant idea smile

You can find it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/Extras/

#4 2020-01-01 12:18:09

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

^ Thanks, it works in my buster GNOME desktop :-)

"Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#5 2020-01-01 13:29:40

HevyDevy

Working great for me so far. Is gvfs getting better i wonder, ive always been wary of it but it picks my smartphone up no worries and file transfer is a breeze.

#6 2020-01-01 15:21:54

fsmithred
Administrator

These isos were made with refractasnapshot, which has a pretty extensive rsync excludes list and a high compression on the squashfs. Before that, most of the packages are installed without Recommends. The initrd is xz compressed - that saves a few MB.

I started with the no-X isos I made with live-sdk, installed onto virtual disks, added software and customized some stuff and then made a snapshot. Until ascii, these things fit on a CD.

Board footer