The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-14 03:30:32

MiyoLinux

Guitar-o-rama

fungus wrote:

PS  What I liked out of the whole experience with redcore was the music while entering the desktop  (hint hint hint).

L              OOO       L             !!
L             O     O     L             !!
L             O     O     L             !!
L             O     O     L
LLLLLL     OOO       LLLLLL    !!

That music intro is stinkin' awesome! I've tried to figure it out to no avail...as yet.

smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2017-11-14 03:42:01

MiyoLinux

Re: Guitar-o-rama

fungus wrote:

and a bit of guitar sliding.

As an ex-rocker, rock band member, and guitar player...this is what I envision as Miyo guitar sliding... tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoERl34Ld00

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#3 2017-11-14 04:08:24

fungus
Website

Golinux is going to scream at us when she wakes up, but what the heck, it only takes 30" to split a topic into a new one.

What if in openbox-autostart you put some plain player and the name of the intro file?  As the last piece with something like sleep 8 .... &&
I'd like to hear Shadow Play on Miyo and Jimmy Dawkins or Magic Sam on vuu-do  smile

My music is like wine.  Old!
I like one piece maple necks myself smile

#4 2017-11-14 04:19:24

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

Golinux is going to scream at us when she wakes up, but what the heck, it only takes 30" to split a topic into a new one.

What if in openbox-autostart you put some plain player and the name of the intro file?  As the last piece with something like sleep 8 .... &&
I'd like to hear Shadow Play on Miyo and Jimmy Dawkins or Magic Sam on vuu-do  smile

The best guitar I ever owned was a hand-crafted classical Takamine...

But Wicd is interesting too. wink

#5 2017-11-14 04:27:22

MiyoLinux

I used to get a kick out of people saying, "Hey Dan, I heard that you can play guitar?!?!?"

I'd pick it up, and "attempt" to play Pop Goes the Weasel on one string...messing it up on purpose. Then I'd apologize, and "try" to play it again...messing it up on purpose. To see the looks on people's faces...LOLOLOL!

Then I'd say something like..."Aw good grief!"...and actually start playing some classical piece. LOLOLOL!

The looks were priceless! big_smile

Ahhh...but those days are gone...

#6 2017-11-14 06:15:51

fungus
Website

Gee, now golinux is really going to have a fit.  Back to wicd!!

What I meant by old was about the time the "Broadcaster" came out smile

Classical?  Yeah, Roy Buchanan could play classical, then make whale noises somewhere in the middle of it.

But on my fork there would be a piece by Nancy Griffith, Tecumseh Valley maybe, so all kind of music lovers can fall in love with her.

Last edited by fungus (2017-11-14 06:20:15)

#7 2017-11-14 08:40:17

golinux
Administrator

Yawn . . .

#8 2017-11-14 09:18:28

fungus
Website

Good morning mommy

#9 2017-11-14 16:01:44

golinux
Administrator

Good morning toddler . . .

#10 2017-11-14 16:05:00

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

Figured it out. smile

No extra player needed; it's done with alsa. wink

Now when my desktop starts, I'm greeted with music.

#11 2017-11-14 17:38:46

golinux
Administrator

(golinux runs silent and deep . . .)

#12 2017-11-14 17:52:23

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:

(golinux runs silent and deep . . .)

...but wouldn't you just love to have something like "Ride of the Valkyries" play when your desktop loads?

...or "Flight of the Bumblebee"? big_smile

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2017-11-14 17:59:23)

#13 2017-11-14 18:32:12

golinux
Administrator

Silence is golden.

Board footer