The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-04 17:40:03

eyeV
Member
Registered: 2022-11-02
Posts: 10  

The view count is replenished every time I open my topic

I created a topic and every time I go to it, the counter refills by 1
So you can get as many views as you want by going between the topic and another page, the counter does not show the actual number of people who have viewed the topic

Offline

#2 2023-03-04 18:12:45

golinux
Administrator
Registered: 2016-11-25
Posts: 2,820  

Re: The view count is replenished every time I open my topic

Yes, that's the way it works. That won't happen if you go to the page where all topics for that forum are listed. You can also subscribe to your post and it will send an email when there is a response.

Offline

#3 2023-03-06 13:51:59

eyeV
Member
Registered: 2022-11-02
Posts: 10  

Re: The view count is replenished every time I open my topic

golinux wrote:

Yes, that's the way it works. That won't happen if you go to the page where all topics for that forum are listed. You can also subscribe to your post and it will send an email when there is a response.

So it's supposed to be like this? It looks like a bug.

Offline

#4 2023-03-06 16:00:05

golinux
Administrator
Registered: 2016-11-25
Posts: 2,820  

Re: The view count is replenished every time I open my topic

eyeV wrote:
golinux wrote:

Yes, that's the way it works. That won't happen if you go to the page where all topics for that forum are listed. You can also subscribe to your post and it will send an email when there is a response.

So it's supposed to be like this? It looks like a bug.

It is what it is and has been since 2016 or so . . .

As I explained, there are ways to get the information you seek without incurring the extra count. Pick one and be happy. smile

Offline

#5 2023-05-11 00:09:07

zapper
Member
Registered: 2017-05-29
Posts: 607  

Re: The view count is replenished every time I open my topic

eyeV wrote:

I created a topic and every time I go to it, the counter refills by 1
So you can get as many views as you want by going between the topic and another page, the counter does not show the actual number of people who have viewed the topic

No, this is not normal, clearly we have a mystery on our hands...

tongue

Almost forgot!

Adding this:

https://invidious.nerdvpn.de/watch?v=eZXg6Uaxd2k

big_smile

Last edited by zapper (2023-05-11 22:36:55)


Black Lives Matter!  I am white, but I prefer equality over hatred.
Haughtiness comes before a fall, pride before destruction.
Peace be with you!
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon!

Offline

Board footer