The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-29 21:40:39

MiyoLinux

My Crappy Radio Player

If anyone is interested, I've made a radio player with several different music genres of radio stations available...from Metal to Relaxation.

It's called "My Crappy Radio Player"...because it's kind'a crappy. tongue  It's basic. In other words, it's crappy.

It may be crappy, but at least it's crummy too... tongue

Two versions are available...

1) For systems with window tasks on the panel
2) For systems without window tasks on the panel

It's available here...

My Crappy Radio Player

Enjoy the crappiness! tongue

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2022-12-29 22:03:37

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: My Crappy Radio Player

Do you have a link to the source code? I'd like to try this in Arch & Alpine.

You have http://alltray.trausch.us/ as the Homepage but I can't reach it.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#3 2022-12-29 22:24:55

MiyoLinux

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Do you have a link to the source code? I'd like to try this in Arch & Alpine.

You have http://alltray.trausch.us/ as the Homepage but I can't reach it.

Wha'the???

Dude...sincerely...thanks for the interest, but I don't know why you're getting that link as the Homepage. That's making me wanna have a stinkin' nervous-jerkdown! big_smile

The source code is in the download...not that there's a source code; it's just a couple of scripts. The link to the download should go to Sourceforge. When I click on it, it goes to where it's meant to.

Here, I will post the actual link...sorry for the problem!
https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … %20Player/

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#4 2022-12-29 22:29:03

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Oh dear, sorry Miyo, I'm being incredibly dumb. I just tried to run alltray. What an idiot I am...

Thanks for sharing!

#5 2022-12-29 22:49:33

MiyoLinux

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Oh dear, sorry Miyo, I'm being incredibly dumb. I just tried to run alltray. What an idiot I am...

Thanks for sharing!

Oh.

tongue

#6 2022-12-30 06:19:43

MiyoLinux

MiyoLinux wrote:

it's just a couple of scripts.

Sorry. I'm a stinkin' liar. It's not just a couple of scripts.

It's a coupl'a scripts...and...some icons.

i hope you can forgive me.

Tee hee...
big_smile  tongue

#7 2022-12-30 09:02:14

MLEvD

Please also add:

http://wsdownload.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/live/shoutcast/mp3/eieuk.pls

and also selectukradio stream, thanks smile

#8 2022-12-30 13:43:29

MiyoLinux

MLEvD wrote:

Please also add:

Hi MLEvD,

Sure! I'm glad to help. smile

I have both stations working in the build, but it's throwing off the cohesive look of My Crappy Radio Player's GUI by adding only two extra radio stations.

Instead of completely changing the GUI's layout, I'll add a third station to keep the look of it cohesive.

...'cause I'm all cohesive n'stuff.

cohesive...

cohesion...

cohesiveness...

cohesiveprocity....

tongue

LOLOL!!!

#9 2022-12-30 14:06:03

MiyoLinux

Since I'm having no idea for a third radio station, I've stolen the station from HOAS's post regarding "New Brighton Radio NPR".

#10 2022-12-30 14:15:01

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Big up the New Brighton Massive!

#11 2022-12-30 18:28:12

MiyoLinux

MLEvD wrote:

Please also add:

New versions with the requested stations are now available...

You could just replace the my-crappy-radio-player script with the new one; however, after adding the new stations, I had to increase the horizontal dimension of the logo. If you just replace that script, the old logo will still work, but it will be slightly off-center. So I would suggest replacing the mcrp.png image with the new one (if desired).

I also updated the my-crappy-radio-player-about script to show the change in version numbers.

Thanks! smile

EDIT: Silly me...I forgot to include the download link... tongue

My Crappy Radio Player

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2022-12-30 18:31:04)

#12 2022-12-31 13:45:36

MiyoLinux

If you try the radio player, but you don't like the default orange icons, I've also uploaded some extra icons that are green. I like them better myself. tongue

Also, if you want to use any other icons, just copy the ones that you want to use into /usr/share/pixmaps and name them accordingly so the my-crappy-radio-player script will use them. Below are the names of the icons (along with the sizes)

mcrp.svg (size of 16x16 px...used on the titlebar and buttons)
mcrp2.svg (size of 24x24 px...used for the system tray)
mcrp3.svg (size of 48x48 px...used for the desktop file)

EDIT: Silly me...I forgot to include the download link...again! tongue

My Crappy Radio Player

2022-12-31-071702-658x440-scrot.png

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2022-12-31 13:46:35)

#13 2023-01-03 16:27:46

MLEvD

Yay! Looks much better in minty dark and green big_smile

Any chance of using checkinstall to create a .deb file install?

#14 2023-01-04 14:08:18

MiyoLinux

MLEvD wrote:

Yay! Looks much better in minty dark and green big_smile

Any chance of using checkinstall to create a .deb file install?

I had considered making a .deb file, but at the end of the day, I prefer for people to be able to unzip the file and easily see the scripts and what they entail...so that they could easily see that nothing nefarious is going on. wink

I always try to keep anything that I do as simple and basic as possible because of that. It's the "Miyo way". smile

Doing so will hopefully help people learn some basic scripting...but it may cause script-sperts (scripting-experts) to roll their eyes and look at me with a bit of...well...you know. tongue

LOLOLOLOLOL!

...but that's okay with me. wink

Thanks for your interest MLEvD! smile

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2023-01-04 14:11:43)

#15 2023-01-04 14:42:39

MLEvD

.deb files are just archives, so anyone who wants to inspect the contents can just uncompress them and view the files

forgive me shunning scripting etc, but as an old time software tester, I like my boxes unopened big_smile

#16 2023-01-04 15:10:25

MrReplikant

This would make a lovely addition to Devuan, I think. Maybe talk to the powers that be on the packaging side to have this added? If you're willing to maintain it?

That's all, folks.

#17 2023-01-04 16:02:27

golinux
Administrator

MrReplikant wrote:

This would make a lovely addition to Devuan, I think. Maybe talk to the powers that be on the packaging side to have this added? If you're willing to maintain it?

Yours is not the first such request. There are many attractive and useful user-contributed "extras" but they are unlikely to ever be added to devuan itself. Why? Our mission is to provide Debian without systemd . . . full stop.  wink

#18 2023-01-04 19:12:32

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:
MrReplikant wrote:

Yours is not the first such request. There are many attractive and useful user-contributed "extras" but they are unlikely to ever be added to devuan itself. Why? Our mission is to provide Debian without systemd . . . full stop.  wink

wink  smile

#19 2023-01-05 01:10:58

MrReplikant

golinux wrote:
MrReplikant wrote:

Fair enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's all, folks.

#20 2023-01-05 16:18:48

MiyoLinux

MrReplikant wrote:
golinux wrote:
MrReplikant wrote:

Fair enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for your interest MrReplikant. I appreciate it. smile

#21 2023-01-05 17:47:40

MrReplikant

Perhaps someday, if I get the money/time/resources, I might host a "Devuan Community Repository" that would host all of the community-made stuff, so we can have it all in one easily-accessible place smile

That's all, folks.

#22 2023-01-05 18:01:51

MiyoLinux

That's a fantastic idea!

#23 2023-01-05 19:26:17

golinux
Administrator

Yup . . . sounds like a plan to me. big_smile

Board footer