The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-05 20:01:59

xunilog

forgiveness regarding proofreading edits

index page showed [New Posts] so I clicked back into the topic I had recently posted to http://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=34 and noted that my post had been edited. Edited? Moderated? No, I guess the forum software (isn't there a configurable tewak for this?) has been configured to treat a ten-seconds-after-posting proofreading typo fix as an "edit".

Can it be set to forgive (not report) when no one else has het replied to the topic?

Haha! Sigh. "het" should have been "yet". Seems I can't make it through 2 lines without tripping over my fingers.

#2 2016-12-05 20:03:05

xunilog

Re: forgiveness regarding proofreading edits

Seriously? Sigh.
I'm having a bad hair day.

tewak == tweak

#3 2016-12-06 15:59:44

golinux
Administrator

I just got bit by this.  Yes, there should be a grace period during which users can correct typos etc.  Will see if there is an option to allow for that.

#4 2016-12-07 19:10:55

Malinas

It might cause confusion for someone replying immediately to your post, especially if they talk about something that you are about to edit. It's not going to be a problem at the moment, but once the forum reaches full speed, with flocks of users constantly using it, these editing "conflicts" will definitely happen.

My rule of thumb when using a forum: always Preview your post to proofread it, and if you're writing a reply, also check whether someone replied in the meantime.

As a side note, you're probably overdoing it if you think that all your posts need to be perfect smile

#5 2016-12-11 20:08:38

FOSSuser

.....always Preview your post to proofread it,...

Yep, that's why it's there. smile

Board footer