You are not logged in.

#26 2024-06-30 06:55:54

yeti

Re: AI Safety

thejuicemedia
Honest Government Ad | AI
https://piped.video/watch?v=TtVJ4JDM7eM

Still far too optimistic?

(-: I do not play Nethack.  I do play GNUS. :-)
<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

#27 2024-06-30 07:42:35

soren

yeti wrote:

thejuicemedia
Honest Government Ad | AI
https://piped.video/watch?v=TtVJ4JDM7eM

Still far too optimistic?

Who knows what these assholes have planned. Do you watch the why files ? The last episode was a good one regarding DARPA. Technology in the mainstream is usually lagging behind anything the 3 letter agencies already have.

"The Dark Side of DARPA | The Human Cost of Technological Supremacy"
https://piped.video/watch?v=zo68B3UG9VU

Last edited by soren (2024-06-30 07:43:01)

#28 2024-06-30 19:14:36

yeti

Do you watch the why files ?

Only when it is necessary for a reply.

Technology in the mainstream is usually lagging behind anything the 3 letter agencies already have.

War always has been the driving factor in development of technology.

The cost finally will be to lose humanity by either converging with technology to transhumans or by being replaced by AI.  This will solve no problems, as transhumans and/or "AI life" still will need to compete for resources and so I'm heavily convinced that only war will be the permanent survivor, just the players on the battlefield of life will get upgraded sometimes.

1. Hitchhiker 30: (6) "No," said the old man, "that's just perfectly normal paranoia.  Everyone in the Universe has that."

<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

#29 2024-06-30 19:41:18

yeti

Sabine Hossenfelder
AI passed the Turing Test -- And No One Noticed
https://piped.video/watch?v=GyNaH27lX90

- no comment -

#30 2024-07-08 01:39:16

soren

quote from https://authorsguild.org/news/ai-drivin … on-amazon/

AI Is Fueling Scam Book Production
Based on the complaints we have received, summaries, workbooks, and guides appear to be the category most commonly exploited by the scammers. Low-quality works like these have long been a problem on Amazon because it is easy to piggyback on the success of legitimate titles and sell β€œcompanion” books. Fair use case law has found that β€œcompanion” books that have a great deal of analysis and commentary and do not take too much from the original work are fair use, so Amazon  allows many of them to remain on the site. A few years ago, the Authors Guild, recognizing the impact these books can have on legitimate sales, convinced Amazon to require sellers of summary books to include a conspicuous disclaimer on the listing page and cover, disclosing that the book is a summary or guide and not a substitute for the original work.

#31 2024-07-12 07:04:09

zapper

@aluma in any case, I see it differently than you both.  Btw,  more on topic, AI is a bad idea for these corporate giants to seek:

https://disconnect.blog/generative-ai-i … -disaster/

This is a good reason to tell Bill Gates and other rich a-holes to bleep off and humble themselves till they realize how insignificant they really are,

And that is putting it mildly, they should be in jail for all the corrupt stuff they do surveillance -wise at minimum. but its much worse than just that solely.

In any case, that's all I  have to say at minimum.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#32 2024-07-12 11:22:04

pl
Website

I wonder why yall waste time on all of this... Plus wasting world resources and even more of your time on platform which belongs to one of that Artifical Bullshit corpocrap, Google (Yeah I know it's proxied et al, but it's still traffic to it, ain't it?)
People were, are and will pursuit for dooming themselves. Nihil novi.
Ye can do really nothing here, no matter what. Live and do for yourself and livings / things that make this world a bit (or much?) better. Let rest of the world burn if it really wants so

zapper wrote:

And that is putting it mildly, they should be in jail for all the corrupt stuff they do surveillance -wise at minimum. but its much worse than just that solely.

By the way, "health trail" as bare minimum!

Last edited by pl (2024-07-12 12:24:31)

"Czy ja jestem jeden, czy nie ma wiΔ™cej dzikich?"

#33 2024-07-19 21:53:33

zapper

@pl that is not their prerogative if it destroys the environment for everyone and enables fascism to be more widespread.

Would you want all the new surveillance to be controlled by a fascist?

Imagine how tight Hitler's grip would have been if he had modern surveillance...

Let that sink in.

Last edited by zapper (2024-07-19 21:53:45)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Peace Be With us All!

#34 2024-07-19 22:08:01

golinux
Administrator

@zapper . . . seems you're having a bad day . . . The movie in your head is the movie in YOUR head and obviously stressing you. Please take a deep breath and change the channel you're watching . . .

@pl . . . ditto

#35 2024-07-19 22:19:54

zapper

@golinux nah its more I just was a bit pissed off. Not as much anymore. I just didn't think probably enough.

I replied to your last comment though.

Peace Be With us All!

#36 2024-07-20 08:46:00

yeti

Prof Simon Holland
The strange tale of a.i. and Radar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egjZocX4BL8

Doubleplus scary.

Board footer