The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-17 21:21:11

Max_B

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan.list

Hi all from Marche, Italy smile

My first post here isn't about some issue or trouble about Devuan but more just a curiosity: poking around my system (especially /etc) after the switch I made from Debian Stretch last year, I noticed the file in the subject was added to apt configuration. By reading the comment in the first lines I understand it lists some kind of additional repository, but what would I get if i'd enable it? Newer/experimental stuff not yet ready for the "official" repository (eg. vdev)?

#2 2017-04-18 13:58:18

golinux
Administrator

Re: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan.list

Welcome Max_B . . . You might want to take a look at the bottom of this page which talks about the configuration of source repositories.  As always, be mindful when enabling repositories other than those for your specific distribution.  Many of us have been bitten by unwanted backport updates!

#3 2017-04-22 13:31:50

Max_B

Thanks golinux smile
Don't worry, I'm well aware of potential issues of backporting or mixing repos/distros. I currently use Ascii because in Debian I've always used the "testing" branch, and in my sources.list there are only the auto.mirror.devuan.org lines + the local dir with some debs I build from upstream source (eg Avidemux and some other which are only on deb-multimedia.org and thus not available in Debian). I was just curious about the additional repository listed in sources.list.d/devuan.list and its role, but now having seen it cited in the discussion on dng about apulse somehow clarified it to me.

#4 2017-05-30 13:40:43

zapper

Max_B wrote:

Thanks golinux smile
Don't worry, I'm well aware of potential issues of backporting or mixing repos/distros. I currently use Ascii because in Debian I've always used the "testing" branch, and in my sources.list there are only the auto.mirror.devuan.org lines + the local dir with some debs I build from upstream source (eg Avidemux and some other which are only on deb-multimedia.org and thus not available in Debian). I was just curious about the additional repository listed in sources.list.d/devuan.list and its role, but now having seen it cited in the discussion on dng about apulse somehow clarified it to me.

I used stretch on debian like four months ago and now I am using ascii and from here on out, no systemd for me!

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

Board footer