The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-08-02 11:20:13

linuxnews

Re: Why are systemd files present in Devuan?

I would say, that depends on what is fed to it. I use Repology almost every day for information and usualy find it very reliable. I feed the repos of our distribution to it as well and it has not failed me yet. Obviously until now.

#52 2023-08-02 16:07:18

golinux
Administrator

linuxnews wrote:

LinuxNews here. The 'nonsense' did not come from me. Please complain at https://repology.org/project/systemd/versions. Thank you.

Oh . . . but it did! News "sources" have an obligation to verify information before blabbing about it. Passing the buck is not an excuse for not doing your homework. Sadly, such journalistic practices are common these days. Truth is the casualty . . .

#53 2023-08-02 16:49:08

jue-gen

linuxnews wrote:

...  The 'nonsense' did not come from me ...

If you don't give a source, don't say where you got it, it looks like it came from you ....

#54 2023-08-03 02:51:26

zapper

jue-gen wrote:
linuxnews wrote:

...  The 'nonsense' did not come from me ...

If you don't give a source, don't say where you got it, it looks like it came from you ....

Anytime someone says "you didn't hear it from me"

I instantly think, okay I am going to say I heard it from you.

big_smile

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#55 2023-08-03 12:06:06

soren

linuxnews wrote:

I would say, that depends on what is fed to it. I use Repology almost every day for information and usualy find it very reliable. I feed the repos of our distribution to it as well and it has not failed me yet. Obviously until now.

How is repology fed for your distribution if you dont me me asking? Repology looks like quite a huge undertaking.

#56 2023-08-17 01:01:52

zapper

golinux wrote:
linuxnews wrote:

LinuxNews here. The 'nonsense' did not come from me. Please complain at https://repology.org/project/systemd/versions. Thank you.

Oh . . . but it did! News "sources" have an obligation to verify information before blabbing about it. Passing the buck is not an excuse for not doing your homework. Sadly, such journalistic practices are common these days. Truth is the casualty . . .

Truth has always been a casualty in some form or another in the history of the world, don't you know this?

However, we can thank ronald reagan for a massive increase in this.

Just sayin...

hmm

News should never be capitalistic that is the bottom line.

Profit off of the news = an opening for societal problems to increase exponentially

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#57 2023-11-27 13:35:46

stargate-sg1-cheyenne-mtn

golinux wrote:

golinux high-fives dice

ditto on the high-fives!
kudos for the SG1 reference.

Be Excellent to each other and Party On!
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Ted%27s_Excellent_Adventure
Do unto others as you would have them do instantaneously back to you

Board footer