The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-07 03:35:04

ruenoak
Website

Donation issues with PayPal

Hi all, I just went to renew my donation through PayPal, I gad to deactivate it for a a few months unfortunately.
When I click the link from the Devuan donation page to PayPal and setup the donation I get presented with this message
'Donations to this recipient aren't supported in this country'

Apparently this is happening to various people all over the place, not just 'Stichting Dyne.org'. Some a re saying on the PayPal community help its to do with the button code.

Using the recipient's email address is apparently a workaround for this issue but I can't be sure of that.

i would like to renew my donation but at the moment the PayPal issues is preventing it

Is this something that Dyne.org needs to look into maybe has PayPal changed something recently that has caused this ?

Anyway keep up the great work and thanks in advance for your help.

Rue.

"Has cat, eats cheese, drinks coffee, Chaotic Neutral " smile

#2 2023-09-08 21:56:52

ruenoak
Website

Re: Donation issues with PayPal

Just an update, PayPal customer service  actually rang me, I couldn't believe it!
They said that nothing on their end is blocking the transaction, and it could be an issue with the client.
I'm wondering if this is something to do with the button code on the donation page ?
Hopefully someone in the Devuan team can look into this.

Thanks
Rue.

#3 2023-09-08 22:44:09

golinux
Administrator

ruenoak . . . jaromil thinks he knows what the issue is and is supposedly working on it.  He'll post here when it is fixed.

#4 2023-09-09 20:01:45

ruenoak
Website

Excellent! thanks golinux.

Board footer