The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-01 16:02:59

Carolina In My Mind

why don't we get automatically subscribed to our own threads?

While posting a question, I noticed that subscribing to the thread appears to be an option (the obvious implication of the "subscribe to this topic" box). Why wouldn't the user want to subscribe to a thread they started?

#2 2023-02-01 16:35:19

boughtonp
Website

Re: why don't we get automatically subscribed to our own threads?

Subscribing sends email notifications of new posts - so if someone visits regularly, they may not need those notifications, but on an active topic would get more of them.

There is an option in the settings to automatically subscribe to topics one posts in (Profile>Privacy), though it would be nice if there was an extra setting to automatically subscribe only to threads a user starts, as well as an option for a single daily/weekly email update on all subscribed threads, but since FluxBB is deliberately feature-limited and seemingly no longer maintained I guess those are unlikely.

3.1415P265E589T932E846R64338

#3 2023-02-01 17:31:11

golinux
Administrator

Re: why don't we get automatically subscribed to our own threads?

boughtonp wrote:

. . . but since FluxBB is deliberately feature-limited and seemingly no longer maintained I guess those are unlikely.

^^^ This.
In addition . . . minimalism rules here. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to subscribing to threads. That is left to the user.

Board footer