The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-08-29 02:42:39

steve_v

Re: Network Issue With Devuan

Right, now we're backing away from "You're mentally sick" with an apology?
Frankly, I expect you've thoroughly burned your bridges here already. You started this. You started swearing and rubbishing the Devuan devs while people were trying to help you. You then resorted to personal attacks.

Others might be more inclined to forgive this little tantrum, but I'm certainly not going to bother talking to you any more. I'm sure as hell not going to engage in the little game of semantic trolling you seem to be trying to start with your last wall of text.

As a wise man once said, plonk.

Last edited by steve_v (2021-08-29 02:49:37)

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

#27 2021-08-29 12:53:32

Jakoline

My apology is meant for golinux NOT YOU.
As for you, quit being a hypocrite.

#28 2021-08-29 15:16:10

golinux
Administrator

@Jakoline . . . Your apology should be directed to the Devuan community and those who provided the information needed to correct the issue you experienced but afaik (and please correct me if I'm wrong), never attempted to implement.

#29 2021-08-29 19:41:10

Jakoline

Your apology should be directed to the Devuan community

Why apologize to people I did nothing to?

those who provided the information needed to correct the issue you experienced

It's a work-around, the solution will be to change the installer's default behavior under the condition of firmware + wifi + no desktop.

afaik (and please correct me if I'm wrong), never attempted to implement

Sorry, I've mentioned before that Devuan is removed, right now I finished installing and configuring Debian 10, going back to Devuan will be difficult, and to make things harder I don't have the luxury of virtual machines (for now).

I wrote this explanation, it's out of context and late but I'm gonna leave it here anyway to clear things up, please read it to the end and bear with me.

To @golinux:
My posts at Debian's forums were not adversarial, not as much as the adversary you carry towards systemd and noobs and Debian's decisions, which was the reason Devuan is created, and the reason that you wrote 2200 posts here at DevuanGalaxy within about 4 years, as oppose to much fewer contributions within more than double that period (11 years) at Debian's forums. I understand that being an administrator has to do with raising the number of your posts here, but not that much. Feeling adversarial towards something is the first step to change it.

When you tried to shame me, when you called me adversarial, what happened is:

A) You labeled my contributions at Debian's forums as adversarial, which is not true.

B) You paved the way for someone like Steve, gave him license & inspiration to write his long initial post and the ones he wrote after, which were all filled with cheap tricks. But what he's doing has now became universal, so I'm used to it.

I did not deserve to be told "LOL you're broken and useless", not that I liked what I've said to you either. I may have expressed my thoughts in a non-friendly way, but my points were all valid, looking back at my problematic post I don't see anything wrong with it, it was all authentic points to be addressed and discussed.

And to be righteous, I must say I'm surprised that bans were not used, that's something to say 'thank you' for.
To me, Devuan now is not on the right track, I know because I was there when this project started.

Farewell my friend.

Last edited by Jakoline (2021-08-29 19:44:27)

#30 2021-08-29 20:46:20

golinux
Administrator

@Jakoline . . .

There is a difference between what is said and what is interpreted through our mental filters.  All humans suffer from these mental distortions and sadly build  entire identities from the fictitious rationalizations and justifications generated from them.

You are only the victim of your own internal distortions and only you can heal them. Not to worry.  You have plenty of company.

Devuan is on the track that it is on. Perhaps if you had stayed around and contributed, it would now be something more suited to your needs.

It seems that you have in effect, with your dramatic departure, self-banned. As everything in life, the choice is yours so best to choose wisely.

And finally a reminder . . . less is always more.

#31 2021-08-29 23:58:14

Jakoline

Lazy developers and bug reports are internal distortions?
Maybe I was spending all the spare time I have contributing to other projects, you don't know that.

It's always the same, apologizing when I'm not the one at fault always gets me here, I saw you online for the past 24 hours and knew you were burning, I wanted to say something nice.

I was right about you, I should have left you speechless.

Last edited by Jakoline (2021-08-30 00:02:27)

#32 2021-08-30 00:01:50

GlennW

noise

pic from 1993, new guitar day.

#33 2021-08-30 00:09:19

Jakoline

GlennW wrote:

noise

What a bunch of pretending pigs you all are.

Board footer