#1 2019-01-19 19:39:35

KatolaZ

First Devuan Conference -- Amsterdam, 5th-7th April 2019

Dear D1rs,

the First Devuan Conference will take place in April 2019 in Amsterdam:

https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/d1con … e-20190119

Book a place at:

https://events.eventzilla.net/e/welcome … 2138704309

The original announcement from DNG is reported below. See you in Amsterdam.

=============================================================

Dear Init Freedom Lovers,                                                                                                             

Once again, the Veteran Unix Admins salute you, and now invite you to                                                                 
celebrate community development and software freedom at the first                                                                     
Devuan Conference this coming spring! See http://devuan.org/d1conf                                                                   

# Devuan Conference #1: "THE POWER OF CHOICE"                                                                                         
# Starting: Friday, April 5th 13:00 CEST                                                                                             
# Ending: Sunday, April 7th 16:00 CEST                                                                                               

# Location:                                                                                                                           
    Amsterdam Houthavens                                                                                                             
    Haparandadam 7, 1013AK                                                                                                           
    The Netherlands                                                                                                                   
    https://osm.org/go/0E5qkSsTZ                                                                                                     

# Presentations                                                                                                                       
- PID1: Welcome and Introductions                                                                                                     
- The Importance of Minimalism and Modularity                                                                                         
- CI Galore: the Devuan SDK and the Docker Toaster                                                                                   
- Make Your Own Distro                                                                                                               
- Competing with Giants: How to Sell Devuan to Your Company                                                                           
- Maemo-Leste Mobile Phone OS on N900                                                                                                 
- DECODE OS for P2P Micro-Services over Tor                                                                                           
- Dowse: the Rod for Local Area Network Awareness                                                                                     
- ... More to be announced                         

# Hacking sessions                                                                                                                   
- Installing Devuan-live                                                                                                             
- Devuan with s6/s6-rc                                                                                                               
- Disk Encryption                                                                                                                     
- ... Suggestions welcome                                                                                                             

# Register                                                                                                                           

An Early-Bird All-Access Pass[1] to the conference is 95€ (about $110                                                                 
USD)* with one meal per day catered. Space is limited to 70 for                                                                       
on-site participation, and registration is on a first-come,                                                                           
first-served basis.  Register early to guarantee your reservation.                                                                   

For those unable to attend, the event will be live-streamed, recorded,                                                               
and available online.                                                                                                                 

Happy hacking and see you there! ;^)                                                                                                 

[1] https://events.eventzilla.net/e/welcome … 2138704309                                     

*Cost of the 3-day pass is calculated on a non-profit basis to cover the                                                             
expense of location, equipment, and related materials.

#2 2019-01-19 22:27:35

ChuangTzu

Re: First Devuan Conference -- Amsterdam, 5th-7th April 2019

I started a thread over at LinuxQuestions.org under the Linux News section:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/question … 175646507/

#3 2019-01-20 19:01:14

aut0exec

Man... Wish I could go! Any thoughts or plans to have one on the other side of the world in the future?

#4 2019-01-21 17:45:26

golinux
Administrator

aut0exec wrote:

Man... Wish I could go! Any thoughts or plans to have one on the other side of the world in the future?

Sure, if there are responsible people willing to organize and promote it.  That takes a LOT of planning that has to be done on the ground wherever it would take place and $$$ to pay for venue etc. up front and be willing to take a possible loss.

#5 2019-01-23 17:50:11

wdq
Website

I feel bad that I am not able to get there because of this Brexit thing, my paperwork will not be ready by the time they exit so i will be locked in uk till then but i will not miss the next one !

Just a simple man!

#6 2019-01-25 14:08:05

aut0exec

golinux wrote:
aut0exec wrote:

Sure, if there are responsible people willing to organize and promote it.  That takes a LOT of planning that has to be done on the ground wherever it would take place and $$$ to pay for venue etc. up front and be willing to take a possible loss.

Aware of the amount of work... smile

I'd be happy to assist in an endeavor like this on this side of the world. There's not much where I'm at so it might be a little more difficult to find a venue near me but it's easy to contribute financially and logistically from anywhere these days!

#7 2019-01-26 01:31:54

ChuangTzu

A rotating location each release would be ideal.  smile  However, since many of the dev's are in Europe it makes sense to have it there.

#8 2019-04-09 22:29:03

ChuangTzu

Board footer