The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-07 02:54:33

pekman

Palemoon in oficial repository

Could Palemoon enter Devuan's official repository?

One discussion for this

#2 2017-06-07 17:59:15

nixer

Re: Palemoon in oficial repository

I do not know about including this program in the "official" repository of devuan, but it can be very easily installed with the linux installer located here

There is also a 3rd party repository which holds a debian installer.  By adding this repository, it should update whenever you do a routine system update.

I have not tried this repository before as I use the linux installer.  It is very, very easy to use.

#3 2017-06-07 18:53:52

sgage

nixer wrote:

I do not know about including this program in the "official" repository of devuan, but it can be very easily installed with the linux installer located here

There is also a 3rd party repository which holds a debian installer.  By adding this repository, it should update whenever you do a routine system update.

I have not tried this repository before as I use the linux installer.  It is very, very easy to use.

I agree... I think it is a very well done installer. It can do a new clean install, update an existing install, cleanly remove the program, etc.  - all very easy to manage from one simple menu.

#4 2017-06-07 19:46:38

golinux
Administrator

I have used Steve Pusser's repo's on occasion with no problem.  However one thing concerns me and that is that the repo is somewhat tied to MX.  And MX although claiming to be systemd-free has only enabled sysvinit as per Debian's instructions.  This means that systemd hooks will remain in the packages in his repo and may bring in unwanted dependencies.

Board footer