The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-10 18:31:08

wpeckham

MESSAGING issue

In the profile, under messaging, there are a few options.  None of them are any of the Federated services.
Why is Mastodon not supported, and might it be a useful option to add that?

Ancient Teacher (Secondary Science/Mathematics), Warrior (23 years at combat arms USARNG), NETWORK/SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, and DBA (35 years in IT) : now mostly retired.  Fan of Operating Systems Deuvan, Debian, Manjaro, Sparky Linux, Q4OS, MintDE, FreeDOS, KolibriOS, RHEL as well as FreePascal, V-lang, Rust, BASH and tools like Ventoy.  Once, before there was an Internet, ran ANP BBS.

#2 2022-12-10 22:40:22

xinomilo
Unknown

Re: MESSAGING issue

this should be asked on fluxbb  forum, not here.. i don't think devuan chose to leave some messaging option out, it's probably not supported by forum software (fluxbb).

btw, mastodon is social media, not a messaging application.. so i don't think even fluxbb would care about it.

Last edited by xinomilo (2022-12-10 22:42:35)

#3 2022-12-10 23:25:49

golinux
Administrator

Re: MESSAGING issue

We support IRC channels on Libera which are the closest thing Devuan has to social media. Dyne does have a Devuan Twitter account but Devuan is not directly involved with it.  I think there is a Reddit account but again, Devuan has nothing to do with it.  In all the years I've been moderating this board, I don't think I've ever seen any of the "messaging" options populated by a Devuan user. Neither are social media channels mentioned often (if at all) on any of our platforms. Draw your own conclusions . . .

Board footer