The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-17 12:16:49

Wastelander

Customize other themes and icons

Hi everyone, I love the color scheme of the default Chimaera theme and I would like to know if there is a way to install a theme like Arc and import the css Deepsea scheme. I would also like to tweak a modern icon theme like Papirus but I don't really know how to achieve a "Deepsea-like" folders color. Thanks in advance.

#2 2021-10-17 17:58:22

golinux
Administrator

Re: Customize other themes and icons

The css cannot be imported as it is specific to the Clearlooks Phenix theme.  You'll have to do color substitutions in the theme of your choice.  Just grab the colors with a color picker like Gcolor2 (my favorite) and search/replace.  That sounds easy but be prepared to do a deep dive.

Hearing that you like the colors just made my day.  It took several months of trial and error to get them just right and about 6 months to apply them to all the moving parts including the websites.

Will put a first mention of this here . . . after theming 4 Devuan releases, I'm ready to "retire" so the job is open if anyone wants to take it on going forward.

#3 2021-10-18 12:40:49

Ogis1975
Website

golinux wrote:

after theming 4 Devuan releases, I'm ready to "retire" so the job is open if anyone wants to take it on going forward.

Really sad to hear that. Your themes are amazing.

What economists call over-production is but a production that is above the purchasing power of the worker, who is reduced to poverty by capital and state.
            ----+- Peter Kropotkin -+----

#4 2021-10-19 16:15:16

golinux
Administrator

@Ogis1975 . . . Thanks for the kind words.

Board footer