The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-06 17:19:11

golinux
Administrator

Spam registrations

Hello Users!

The Dev1Galaxy Admin collective salutes you!

Last night we culled hundreds of bot/spam registrations from the DB. In the coming days we plan on introducing some light, albeit effective, anti-spam measures - mainly the introduction of a registration question - which shouldn't affect anyone currently registered and shouldn't be too annoying for those who have yet to register. This new registration procedure will be combined with periodic purges of our database to keep the board in good order.

One or two of you might find your account missing.  If you find your account was accidentally deleted during this purge, or any in the future, please contact sapein@darknedgy.net as soon as possible after deletion. You must include the following:
    - The Username of the Account.
    - The date you noticed it was deleted on.
    - The registration date.
    - The email you registered with.
    - The password of the deleted account.
Some of the details will be used to verify the account that belonged to you, and some of it will be used to regenerate the account. Please note that it is best to contact us within a day or so after it is deleted to allow us to identify the account in our backups so we can restore it more easily and quickly.

For those who accidentally lost their account . . . we hope everyone understands and apologize for the inconvience. 

Signed,

The Dev1Galaxy Admin collective

Last edited by golinux (2016-12-06 17:20:14)

#2 2016-12-06 20:19:47

Pick2

Re: Spam registrations

I'd Like to volunteer for the spam hunting position smile
I did notice a big drop in total users last night.

#3 2016-12-06 20:32:06

golinux
Administrator

Nice to see you here Pick2 and thanks for the offer.  To date there hasn't been much spam on the board itself.  Just registrations that are known spammers and those with spam in their signatures.   You will be enlisted when needed!!

#4 2016-12-06 20:38:29

catprints

Great work on registrations, .Purpy is nice too.

"The obstacle is the path."

#5 2016-12-07 15:05:05

Pick2

golinux wrote:

Nice to see you here Pick2 and thanks for the offer.  To date there hasn't been much spam on the board itself.  Just registrations that are known spammers and those with spam in their signatures.   You will be enlisted when needed!!

Glad to be here  !
If you need me , just PM me on one of the other two sites and we'll talk ...

Board footer