The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-13 20:16:41

PedroReina
Website

Introducing Pedro Reina

It seems to me that this forum has not an option to introduce our selves. So, I've choosen to use an off-topic for just that.

My name is Pedro Reina, from Spain. Debian user since before 2.0 (hard to remember exactly). Deeply scared by the Debian decision to use systemd as default.

I have been waiting a bit to Devuan to settle and get its own way before jump to it. With Devuan 2 (ASCII) I just started to work with the system.

I'm interested both in servers and desktops. I used to admin high school Debian desktops at work; now I'm close to retirement, but I want to keep updated. Also interested in programming and web development.

Thank to all the Debian developers for all that wonderful years (I met some of them in person), and thank to all the Devuan developers. Keep the work up!

#2 2019-01-13 23:19:31

zephyr
Website

Re: Introducing Pedro Reina

PedroReina wrote:
It seems to me that this forum has not an option to introduce our selves. So, I've choosen to use an off-topic for just that.

Greeting and welcome PedroReina to the Devuan Forum, awesome that you started a new off-topic introduction post! cool

Think you will find the forum friendly and helpful, most of us left Debian probably for the same reason and very thankful for the Devuan VUA's addressing their concerns and forking a very successful systemd-free distribution.

cheers

zephyr

Last edited by zephyr (2019-01-14 00:25:27)

CROWZ
easier to light a candle, yet curse the dark instead / experience life, or simply ...merely exist / ride the serpent / molon labe

#3 2019-01-14 05:46:12

Jordan_Waughtal

Howdy! My name is Jordan Waughtal (Wa-ff-le). I am from Wisconsin, USA.  I started with crunchbang back in its heyday.

I am interested in electronics in general. I repair electronics at a component level. I took a gap year, and will be a computer science student this Fall.  I tinker with computers as a hobby (among other things.)

#4 2019-01-14 14:55:12

catprints

Hello Pedro, I,m Frank (catprints) from USA. Well aged retired guy. Loving Devuan/ascii with i3-wm.

"The obstacle is the path."

#5 2019-01-14 18:05:43

GNUser

Hello, Pedro. Welcome! I'm Bruno from New Jersey, USA. I'm a medical doctor (pathologist) and telling computers what to do makes me happy. I dual boot Devuan ASCII and OpenBSD. I love the UNIX philosophy and am especially fond of shell scripting.

Last edited by GNUser (2019-01-14 18:06:14)

#6 2019-01-15 19:44:23

F_Sauce

Hei Pedro.

I'm a musician/composer from Norway, who's been on Linux for 15 years, or so; competently mainly as a system administrator: I set up DAW's.

Cheers,
Olav

Last edited by F_Sauce (2019-01-15 19:45:54)

#7 2019-01-24 21:17:28

Fjalar

Hey there Pedro (and the other folks of course). Matthias from Germany here.

I've been a Linux user since around 1997, I first used SuSE (with kernel 1.0.* iirc), then switched to Debian out of frustration over the demise of KDE. After an intermission of about 12 years, this is my second round as a full-time sysadmin (maintaining *x-based servers and small wide-area networks). Systemd made me part ways with my beloved Debian (which used to be an all-purpose distro for both servers and workstations - who on Earth would want to change that?) and switch over to OpenBSD. With the advent of Devuan Jessie RC1 I'm back on the Linux boat. My compliments to the Devuan team and everybody involved in the task of bringing sanity and reason back to Linux.

#8 2019-01-24 22:51:06

RickMoen
Website

Ola, hermano!  I'm just a slight bit newer to Dev1galaxy than you are, albeit I've been hanging around Devuan Project for quite some time, and seem to have been a Debianista since God was a teenager.  (As we are doing introductions, I'm an easily confused system administrator resident in Silicon Gulch, in the failed Spanish colony of Alta California.)

Pleased to virtually meet you, sir.

Rick Moen
rick@linuxmafia.com

Board footer