The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-15 18:37:41

Doge

SSD/HDD keeps spinning after resume from suspend

Hi,

After resume from suspend, the HDD keeps spinning after resume from suspend.

I have 2 SATA drives mounted.

1. SSD where I have root & home in same partition.

2. HDD where I have swap partition.

I have this issue with both ascii as well as ceres and I'm not sure if this is a Devuan specific issue or rather Debian issue as I haven't had this issue with any other distros.

I looked up online and found this workaround in askubuntu but I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do as I have tons of data in the disks.

Devuan Ascii/Ceres x64 ❤️

#2 2018-06-17 21:05:50

Doge

Re: SSD/HDD keeps spinning after resume from suspend

Anyone? Please help!

Devuan Ascii/Ceres x64 ❤️

#3 2018-06-17 21:23:55

golinux
Administrator

I wish I could.  You might want to include more specific information about your machine, whether you did a clean ascii install or upgraded, if you are using a DE which one etc.?

As to ceres and mixing it with a stable release . . . exactly what did you install from Ceres?  You must be aware that you touch ceres at your own risk.  It is labeled 'unstable' for a very good reason.

I hope someone with experience on the bleeding edge stops by.  You might also try the Devuan irc channels on Freenode.

#4 2018-06-17 23:17:20

ralph.ronnquist
Administrator

That Ubuntu solution is not right for Devuan.

However they suggest that hdparm -S is ineffective, and maybe that's the first thing to investigate. If it works fine, then the command

# hdparm -S 2 /dev/hda

would make the disk /dev/hda spin down after 10 seconds. Perhaps you can check that to begin with.

If that works, then the resume code path that leads to that (or the similar) command is broken, and we can look at that.
If not, then it's a more difficult problem.

Board footer