The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 17:22:09

siva

Refractasnapshot

Long-time user, first-time caller here -- I love and have used refractasnapshot for a few years now.  I highly recommend it.

I was wondering if it is, or would be, possible to inhibit X at boot by default. Ideally, the user would run startx (or equivalent) to launch a graphical x session. I read through the documentation and didn't see anything like this. (EDIT: To clarify, I was wondering if this could be done with a live session for a refractasnapshot-created iso.) 

Thanks!

#2 2018-03-29 17:53:07

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Refractasnapshot

There are a few ways to accomplish that. In the Refracta isos that I make, I set the display manager to stop in runlevel 3, and add a '3' to the boot command.  ('append' line in live.cfg, 'linux' line in grub.cfg.)
A good tool for doing that is sysv-rc-conf.

That works with sysvinit. I don't know the equivalent boot option for systemd, but I know it exists, and I've used it in the past.

If there is no display manager, live-config will still run startx. You can disable that by adding the following boot option:

nocomponents=xinit

See 'man live-config' and 'man live-boot' for a full list of options.

#3 2018-03-30 01:25:07

siva

Re: Refractasnapshot

fsmithred wrote:

If there is no display manager, live-config will still run startx. You can disable that by adding the following boot option:

nocomponents=xinit

This was perfect, thanks.

Board footer