The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 Today 20:22:57

gipi
Member
Registered: 2020-06-03
Posts: 20  

[SOLVED] /etc/resolv.conf resets on reboot ever since I switched routers

After I moved to a new router (H153-381), its DNS couldn't detect deb.devuan.org ("Temporary failure resolving 'deb.devuan.org' ") so I edited /etc/resolv.conf to include 8.8.8.8 which helped, but it constantly gets overwritten (on reboot or network restart). Using the resolvconf package didn't help. Editing /etc/network/interfaces to add dns-search didn't help. I don't have udhcp. What could be the cause, either of resolving issues or of resetting, and remedy? I am using a fully updated excalibur.

Offline

#2 Today 20:40:25

Altoid
Member
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 2,130  

Re: [SOLVED] /etc/resolv.conf resets on reboot ever since I switched routers

Hello:

See* this thread: https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=6845

Best,

A.

* the search function in this forum is a very useful tool.

Offline

#3 Today 21:18:22

gipi
Member
Registered: 2020-06-03
Posts: 20  

Re: [SOLVED] /etc/resolv.conf resets on reboot ever since I switched routers

Thanks, but I don't have either network-manager or connman.
The solution it seems to be is to edit /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf to prepend additional DNS servers

Offline

Board footer