The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-14 21:53:28

Autonom

[SOLVED] Another question about upgrading ,,Refracta", this time 11 to 12.

Greetings. Please excuse me that I am bothering you once more, but I have once more question about upgrading ,,Refracta". Some time ago I do a fresh installation of ,,Refracta" 11.0 on my laptop. I configured system to my preferences and everything works great. I want do an upgrade to version 12 and thatswhy I write this post. Does everything related with upgrading ,,Refracta" 11 to 12 looks similary to upgrading the same distribution from version 10 to 11, as it is described in this forum thread "https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=4973"? I am referring in particular to the description about upgrading system configurations files, which one take new, which one keep without changes and which one edit. Of course another details are also welcome. With previous upgrade helped me one of ,,Devuan" developers and autor of ,,Refracta" who have nickname ,,fsmithred". Maybe the same person can help me also this time?

#2 2024-01-15 02:15:39

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Another question about upgrading ,,Refracta", this time 11 to 12.

It's pretty much the same as before. The iInstructions for upgading devuan chimaera to daedalus are relevant. Note that firmware is now in a new section called non-free-firmware and add that to sources.list if needed.
https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation … o-daedalus

From the linked post with minor changes (version, sysctl.conf and lvm.conf). (General rule: take the new ones if they are different. Add or edit as needed.

Config files. Take defaults yes/no as indicated below.
/etc/issue            No, keep old version and edit to change 11 to 12
/etc/pam.d/login    Yes, install new version
/etc/sysctl.conf    Install new version and add  kernel.sysrq=1
/etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf        Yes, install new version. (edit to set COMPRESSION=xz)
/etc/ssh/sshd_config    take new
/etc/cryptsetup-initramfs/conf-hook        take new
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf    take new   

optional:
/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume        (RESUME=none)

#3 2024-01-25 22:30:19

Autonom

Re: [SOLVED] Another question about upgrading ,,Refracta", this time 11 to 12.

Thank You for help.

Board footer