The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-04 13:01:37

Darius

Problems with desktop-live iso.

Hi guys.

I encountered with two desktop live iso problems that have not been fixed since the chimaera release.

1: Creating an efi partition by refractainstaller is completely broken. If user not have efi partition initially, refractainstaller create not proper efi partition and system not boot at all. I try desktop-live iso on many PC. The result is always the same. The system does not start. You can try it by yourself. Just delete efi partition and try install desktop-live iso.

2: I think you know about bad work nouveau with nvidia video cards. It affects the installation of desktop-live iso. Installation simply does not have time to finish when nouveau crash and freeze desktop environment. Sometimes from 10-15 attempts maybe something will succeed. You should think about optional installation without desktop environment.

#2 2022-02-04 18:09:31

Camtaf

Re: Problems with desktop-live iso.

I just installed to a UEFI computer yesterday, it works. wink

When you install, you have to first create a fat32 partition of about 100MB, & set its flags to boot esp, then create your other partitions & install as usual. smile

#3 2022-02-04 18:13:47

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

I think the modesetting DDX driver is a better option than nouveau at this stage. Not buying NVIDIA's crap is the best option ofc.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#4 2022-02-04 20:45:03

fsmithred
Administrator

You could drop to console and use the cli version of the installer.

# Press ctrl-alt-F2 to get to a command prompt.
sudo refractainstaller

Note that refractainstaller does not do any automatic partitioning. If you boot in uefi mode and you don't have an efi partition, the installer will complain.

Board footer