The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-08 00:22:41

zapper

Troll appreciation thread

andyprough wrote:

This guy's shtick is so boring. I don't mind a good troll, but at least have some talent. Nothing more boring than a loud, no-talent troll.

I mean, if he was spouting nonsense, like the don king troll and not being hateful, I would enjoy it big time.

But this is just...

a waste of time...

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1032102

Scroll down till you see the don king troll.

Last edited by zapper (2021-09-08 00:25:08)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#2 2021-09-08 00:51:20

andyprough

Re: Troll appreciation thread

zapper wrote:
andyprough wrote:

This guy's shtick is so boring. I don't mind a good troll, but at least have some talent. Nothing more boring than a loud, no-talent troll.

I mean, if he was spouting nonsense, like the don king troll and not being hateful, I would enjoy it big time.

But this is just...

a waste of time...

Actually looks like this one fits the "Bustr troll" description from your link:
"The Bustr. Bustrs are obsessive Bitters by whom you could practically set your watch. A Bustr never forgets, never forgives, and holds a grudge until the day it dies. Also a variant of Agenda trolls, Bustrs typically move from forum to forum complaining about the objects of their ire, often cutting and pasting age-old diatribes that have little meaning to most of their audiences. Most Bustrs are relatively incoherent, though a few of the more lucid ones are potentially dangerous stalkers."

I was surprised not to see the type of trolling that I do described on that page, as it was otherwise quite comprehensive. I like to troll with a bit of humor - most trolls are too serious.

#3 2021-09-08 00:56:58

zapper

andyprough wrote:
zapper wrote:
andyprough wrote:

But this is just...

a waste of time...

Actually looks like this one fits the "Bustr troll" description from your link:
"The Bustr. Bustrs are obsessive Bitters by whom you could practically set your watch. A Bustr never forgets, never forgives, and holds a grudge until the day it dies. Also a variant of Agenda trolls, Bustrs typically move from forum to forum complaining about the objects of their ire, often cutting and pasting age-old diatribes that have little meaning to most of their audiences. Most Bustrs are relatively incoherent, though a few of the more lucid ones are potentially dangerous stalkers."

I was surprised not to see the type of trolling that I do described on that page, as it was otherwise quite comprehensive. I like to troll with a bit of humor - most trolls are too serious.

Yeah, I meant, I prefer trolls who are ridiculous and spout gibberish and nonsense.

Like the Don King troll... would have been a funny one to be.

I meant, if he trolled like Don King, I might have found entertainment...

Although when people spout  gibberish enough, it does make you feel like you lost brain cells... tongue

But nope, he choose to be a kind that is dull, in my opinion anyways.

That was my point, I guess.

Either way, meh...

I have lost interest.

Btw, on an unrelated note, I have emailed you, did your old email die, or have you lost interest in chatting with me. wink

Same one as before, just a heads up.

Last edited by zapper (2021-09-08 00:58:25)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Peace Be With us All!

#4 2021-09-08 02:00:26

andyprough

zapper wrote:

Btw, on an unrelated note, I have emailed you, did your old email die, or have you lost interest in chatting with me. wink

Same one as before, just a heads up.

Really? Ahh, I see you did! Over two weeks ago - I feel bad for not seeing this and responding right away. I'm usually on the lookout for your emails.

I'll try to respond in full tonight. Have a blessed evening brother. Remember, Christ loved you enough to die for you even before you knew his name. He chose you, pursued you, tried to win you over. That's something to always be cheerful about!

#5 2021-09-09 09:00:48

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

I like trolling. Trolling is fun. I left fdn because they banned trolling. Bastards.

Brianna Ghey β€” Rest In Power

#6 2021-09-09 10:10:13

yeti

Is there already a 'Troll Appreciation Day'?
Like System Administrator Appreciation Day?
If not, I suggest Feb-29.
Because the rules when this day exists already is like trolling a calendar and its users!  :-Þ

<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

#7 2021-09-09 12:15:59

andyprough

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I like trolling. Trolling is fun. I left fdn because they banned trolling. Bastards.

You were really entertaining over there. For about a year I would go check in once a week to see what kind of mayhem you were causing. It was especially funny since you were often the only source of helpful information on the board. Visitors had to have a bit of a thick skin to try to extract their free tech support from you.

#8 2021-09-09 14:04:35

larsH

Hi

I sugest the 30 of febrary. So the next time will be in year 2100.

Have a nice day
Lars H

#9 2021-09-09 21:21:32

zapper

larsH wrote:

Hi

I sugest the 30 of febrary. So the next time will be in year 2100.

Have a nice day
Lars H

Feburary 29th is a leap year, but I don't think feburary 30th exists even...

Then again, that's probably the point... tongue

That being said, I agree with Yeti.

I am curious what Andy meant though by his Head on a stick's mayhem causing on fdn,

I wonder if it was like the time I trolled on a sc2mapster.com like this:

https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/gener … -is-magic2

This was a long time ago though... tongue

Though, I was somewhat mentally insane then...

meh... it is what it is.

Last edited by zapper (2021-09-09 21:27:59)

Peace Be With us All!

#10 2021-09-09 22:01:02

andyprough

zapper wrote:

I am curious what Andy meant though by his Head on a stick's mayhem causing on fdn,

meh... it is what it is.

You'd see people wander into the Debian forum and say things like, "I enabled stable and testing and unstable and experimental repos and added a few ppa's and mixed and matched packages from all of them and then ran a few weird commands I found on the Ubuntu forum and now my computer is bricked and I've lost all my data and a million dollar government contract because your distro sucks. Fix me."

And you'd sit back and grab for the popcorn and wait for HOAS to show up and just thrash them with surgical precision. And then fix their problem. And then thrash them some more for good measure. Leave them in a quivering bloody puddle on the floor, whimpering. Deathly afraid of ever touching a keyboard again.

It was good stuff. As I said, it was weekly entertainment for quite awhile.

#11 2021-09-12 22:37:17

zapper

andyprough wrote:
zapper wrote:

meh... it is what it is.

You'd see people wander into the Debian forum and say things like, "I enabled stable and testing and unstable and experimental repos and added a few ppa's and mixed and matched packages from all of them and then ran a few weird commands I found on the Ubuntu forum and now my computer is bricked and I've lost all my data and a million dollar government contract because your distro sucks. Fix me."

And you'd sit back and grab for the popcorn and wait for HOAS to show up and just thrash them with surgical precision. And then fix their problem. And then thrash them some more for good measure. Leave them in a quivering bloody puddle on the floor, whimpering. Deathly afraid of ever touching a keyboard again.

It was good stuff. As I said, it was weekly entertainment for quite awhile.

So, it was more funny than my silly thread? tongue

wink

If you don't want to go there due to javascript, etc... let me know and I will email you the contents... wink

Peace Be With us All!

#12 2021-09-28 17:10:18

blackhole

headstick will be nursing a semi reading this....

#13 2021-09-30 10:22:36

zapper

blackhole wrote:

What does that mean? And why exactly?

I am very much curious to those questions.

Peace Be With us All!

#14 2021-09-30 12:00:50

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

zapper wrote:
blackhole wrote:

Don't feed the troll wink

Brianna Ghey β€” Rest In Power

#15 2021-09-30 19:47:39

zapper

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
zapper wrote:
blackhole wrote:

Don't feed the troll wink

Ah so that's what he meant... tongue

Peace Be With us All!

#16 2021-10-08 12:48:53

zapper

I don't know, as long as trolls don't get cruel and evil, I enjoy feeding them sometimes... tongue

If they like to be nonsensical or spamlike, I enjoy watching and laughing.

Peace Be With us All!

Board footer