The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-02 20:14:21

msi

Devuan Documentation (structural draft)

In an effort to create an overall structure for Devuan's official documentation, I've put up a page at the friendsofdevuan wiki, containing a structural draft.

Comments, suggestions, criticism welcome.

Last edited by msi (2017-06-03 23:28:09)

#2 2017-07-08 09:53:14

Ged

Re: Devuan Documentation (structural draft)

laptop3:~$ >>> wget http://wiki.friendsofdevuan.org/doku.ph … n_doc:root
--2017-07-08 10:51:26--  http://wiki.friendsofdevuan.org/doku.ph … n_doc:root
Resolving wiki.friendsofdevuan.org (wiki.friendsofdevuan.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘wiki.friendsofdevuan.org’

#3 2017-07-08 14:01:14

golinux
Administrator

The site was recently moved from the subdomain to here.  Thanks for catching the broken link.  I've corrected in in the OP.

#4 2017-07-24 15:41:32

mckaygerhard
Website

i started to put lof of material in friends of devuan.. as i said, firts materials was preliminar experience usage.. and was not directly linked in from page of the wiki..  the spell chek was in a second process..

in debian there a similar site/place, the debian hardware and debian wiki.. i think the friendsofdevuan was a equivalent site.. but know i dannot do more and seems "mandatory rules" taken the site..

what happened with the work that i do and how i continuate, must users made by won appart of the proyect?

Last edited by mckaygerhard (2017-07-24 15:42:16)

#5 2017-07-24 17:03:41

golinux
Administrator

You will find your contributions to the wiki here.

They may or may not be relocated elsewhere.  The technical information would have to be vetted for accuracy.  And language use is often incomprehensible with many spelling and grammatical errors (as is illustrated by your post above).  Without knowing what you are trying to say, it is impossible to edit to clarify.   Your offerings are also peppered with judgmental assessments that have no place in documentation and would need to be removed (as in this post).  To do all of that is a monumental task so will take some time to sort out.  To make matters worse you were editing previous contributions in a negative way by introducing more language errors and 'opinions' which were degrading the wiki content.

For now please keep posting to your website to make that information available.

#6 2017-07-24 18:49:18

mckaygerhard
Website

yeah you have right golinux, the spell, the structure and other are DRAFT, preliminary material, and as i posted was noy directly linked to the main page.. so i dontk nkow why the work was abrupt stopped..

but i dont care i was only asking.. in any way, its a contribution do what do need with that material...

you cited degradation in the material.. where?

#7 2017-07-24 19:14:04

golinux
Administrator

mckaygerhard wrote:

you cited degradation in the material.. where?

I did not see or deal with any of that as I only recently started to pay much attention to the wiki.  It was handled by the wiki admin.  But I have seen some of it in the in the versioning and I am still seeing your 'corrections' of "major" to "mayor" here and there.  "Mayor" in English is the title of an elected official who runs a local town/city government.

#8 2017-07-24 20:08:23

mckaygerhard
Website

umm if you said do not see deeply, so then do you noted tht are draft and preliminary materials not linked to main page? i also can see much material not well prepared ...

wel in nay case.. well done documentation are very disperse and not consisten

#9 2017-07-24 21:08:33

golinux
Administrator

mckaygerhard wrote:

umm if you said do not see deeply, so then do you noted tht are draft and preliminary materials not linked to main page? i also can see much material not well prepared ...

wel in nay case.. well done documentation are very disperse and not consisten

The wiki is in the process of being very thoughtfully restructured.  Right now it is mostly in outline format  with current content moved to more suitable locations.  Eventually all the missing pieces will appear.

#10 2017-07-24 21:31:14

mckaygerhard
Website

golinux you not understand.. i'm not asking for missing pieces.. i said that i not linked my content to main pages due are in draf and "WIP"

i ask why are stopped and now u answered.. in reestructuration.. but that nothing to do with the work i was doing.. but whatever..

#11 2017-07-24 22:01:17

golinux
Administrator

mckaygerhard wrote:

golinux you not understand.. i'm not asking for missing pieces.. i said that i not linked my content to main pages due are in draf and "WIP"

i ask why are stopped and now u answered.. in reestructuration.. but that nothing to do with the work i was doing.. but whatever..

Some of your work may be be salvageable when we can find time to sort it out.  But the effort required may exceed the usefulness of the material.  Currently it is too rough and unpolished to be on the wiki proper for reasons stated elsewhere.

Board footer