The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-26 04:33:11

libretux

Problem with package mate-power-manager

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for my incorrect English (translator + corrections).

I have a problem with the package mate-power-manager.

I did not recognize the close the lid of my laptop (I have tried all of the actions possible when it's closed, and none of them work).
If I suspend manually, I close the lid and then I lift, I do recognize it, so the problem is only on close.

With the package xfce4-power-manager these actions work without problems, so I decided to put it in this section, because it seems to be a particular problem of Mate and that package.

In particular, I continue using the xfce4-power-manager, but I choose to report the problem and be the one to try all the possible solutions.

Greetings

#2 2018-06-26 09:54:53

cynwulf

Re: Problem with package mate-power-manager

This may be worth a bug report, as mate-power-manager was originally systemd dependent.  So possibly some functionality is broken.  You will need to state which release you're using.  You could also start mate-power-manager from the console and see if it spits anything useful on lid close.

#3 2018-06-26 21:19:29

AntoFox

hi
what version of mate-power-manager? ascii or jessie?

#4 2018-06-26 22:22:33

ivanovnegro

I noticed already and installed the new package mate-power-manager but from ascii-backports because I use the newer Mate 1.18 packages and can confirm the bug by OP. Also the battery icon, when present on the panel, is just an exclamation sign.

#5 2018-06-27 16:43:01

libretux

Thanks for the comments.

AntoFox wrote:

what version of mate-power-manager? ascii or jessie?

ASCII, installed with the iso, not with any migration.

ivanovnegro wrote:

I noticed already and installed the new package mate-power-manager but from ascii-backports because I use the newer Mate 1.18 packages and can confirm the bug by OP. Also the battery icon, when present on the panel, is just an exclamation sign.

Correct, the exclamation point I thought that it was something of my own for my old battery, but it also happens to me, yes.

cynwulf wrote:

You could also start mate-power-manager from the console and see if it spits anything useful on lid close.

How could exactly throw it out like that to see if I get more information?

EDIT: Running mate-power-manager from the console, if I close and I open the lid, it does not report in any way.

Last edited by libretux (2018-06-28 01:07:20)

#6 2018-06-27 21:45:16

sgage

I was delighted to see that mate-power-manager was finally available for ascii. Installed it to find that there is no option for 'suspend' for power button or suspend button action. pm-suspend works fine - why doesn't mate-power-manager off it as an option? Every night I have to type 'sudo pm-suspend' at the command line to put my computer to sleep...

#7 2018-06-27 22:02:53

golinux
Administrator

sgage wrote:

I was delighted to see that mate-power-manager was finally available for ascii. Installed it to find that there is no option for 'suspend' for power button or suspend button action. pm-suspend works fine - why doesn't mate-power-manager off it as an option? Every night I have to type 'sudo pm-suspend' at the command line to put my computer to sleep...

Bash history is good for executing repetitive commands (up arrow).  You might also create an alias for that.  Best would be to fix the bug though . . .

#8 2018-06-28 02:25:56

sgage

golinux wrote:
sgage wrote:

Bash history is good for executing repetitive commands (up arrow).  You might also create an alias for that.  Best would be to fix the bug though . . .

Already got an alias for it :-)   It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to just press the button. I guess. I don't know. I mean, I drive a standard, don't even have automatic windows, not that kind of guy to be  all that bothered by it :-)

Board footer