The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 10:50:31

Devarch
Member
Registered: 2022-10-03
Posts: 189  

Freia - repository disorder

I'm trying Freia and

First:

I'm not able to install virt-manager, qemu, libvirt, guestfs etc

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libguestfs-tools : Depends: libguestfs0t64 (= 1:1.60.1-2) but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: guestfs-tools but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: guestmount but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: guestfish but it is not going to be installed
 libosinfo-bin : Depends: libosinfo-1.0-0 (>= 1.10.0~) but it is not going to be installed
 libvirt-clients : Depends: libvirt-common (= 12.4.0-1devuan1) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libvirt0 (= 12.4.0-1devuan1) but it is not going to be installed
 libvirt-daemon-system : Depends: libvirt-common (= 12.4.0-1devuan1) but it is not going to be installed
#... etc

qemu-utils : Depends: liburing2 (>= 2.3) but it is not going to be installed
              Recommends: qemu-block-extra (= 1:11.1.1+ds-1) but it is not going to be installed
 virt-manager : Depends: gir1.2-gtk-3.0 (>= 3.10) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: gir1.2-gtk-vnc-2.0 but it is not going to be installed
#...etc

python3-libvirt: requires libvirt0 >= 12.5.0 but libvirt0 available in repo seems to be 12.4.0-1devuan1 etc

Full mess of package versions.

Second:

Firejail & Ko are not in the repo at all. Why? Are they banned?

Last edited by Devarch (Yesterday 10:51:51)

Offline

#2 Yesterday 14:21:46

delgado
Member
Registered: 2022-07-14
Posts: 301  

Re: Freia - repository disorder

freia is testing - this happens from time to time.
If you have time: Easiest solution is to just wait. The problem will disappear.

firejail is currently in ceres and excalibur. Don't know, which version fits better.

Offline

#3 Yesterday 15:02:02

rolfie
Member
Registered: 2017-11-25
Posts: 1,512  

Re: Freia - repository disorder

Yes, there are gaps in the applications. Except for the forked ones, what isn't availablein Forky can't be available in Freia.

Offline

#4 Today 11:16:36

Devarch
Member
Registered: 2022-10-03
Posts: 189  

Re: Freia - repository disorder

freia is testing - this happens from ti … ts better.

I did not experienced such kind of problems with Excalibur (while testing) and was surprised. I had to believe that Devuan's repo is a mirror of Debian's repo with some mods. They don't have such problems usually and there are many distributions based on testing.

Firejail from Ceres is OK. I thank it was intentionally removed.

Last edited by Devarch (Today 11:17:07)

Offline

#5 Today 17:05:51

rolfie
Member
Registered: 2017-11-25
Posts: 1,512  

Re: Freia - repository disorder

Devarch wrote:

I did not experienced such kind of problems with Excalibur (while testing) and was surprised.

It very much depends on when you start with testing and how close they are to the release.

Devarch wrote:

I had to believe that Devuan's repo is a mirror of Debian's repo with some mods. They don't have such problems usually and there are many distributions based on testing.

Wrong, Debian is the originator of most hickups. Read their bug reports. It happens very often that packages are dropped from testing due to whatever reason, and bug fixes first of all can be found in sid before they are released to testing.

BTW: you can easily tell if the package is modified or original Debian. Examples from my Excalibur:
linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64 (6.12.111-1) => Debian package
xserver-xorg-legacy (2:21.1.16-1.3+deb13u3devuan1 => 2:21.1.16-1.3+deb13u4devuan1) => package modifed by Devuan

Banned packages see list of banned packages. There are also generic packages.

Offline

#6 Today 17:13:38

Devarch
Member
Registered: 2022-10-03
Posts: 189  

Re: Freia - repository disorder

Thanks rolfie, good to know.

Offline

#7 Today 19:21:01

Devarch
Member
Registered: 2022-10-03
Posts: 189  

Re: Freia - repository disorder

Wrong, Debian is the originator of most hickups.

May be. But not all. I was able to install all qemu(s) on Freia from Ceres, but not libvirt and virt-manager. I got the same error.
I've used Debian's testing repo with Freia and the problem disappeared.

Offline

Board footer