You are not logged in.
I cant find a way to scan directly from within GIMP 3.0.4 included in excalibur.
I have Xsane installed and if I run it as standalone app it sees my flatbed scanner and I can scan from Xsane just fine, but within GIMP I don't see any way in the menus to launch Xsane or any other way to scan an image from a scanner from within GIMP.
This used to be possible in older versions of GIMP, has this been removed from GIMP or am I missing something?
Here are my installed packages related to gimp and sane:
libimage-sane-perl/stable,now 5-2+b4 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libsane-common/stable,stable,now 1.3.1-3 all [installed,automatic]
libsane1/stable,now 1.3.1-3+b1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
sane-airscan/stable,now 0.99.35-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
sane-utils/stable,now 1.3.1-3+b1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
xsane-common/stable,stable,now 0.999-12.2 all [installed,automatic]
xsane/stable,now 0.999-12.2 amd64 [installed]
gimp-data-extras/stable,stable,now 1:2.0.4-0.2 all [installed]
gimp-data/stable,stable,stable-security,stable-security,now 3.0.4-3+deb13u10 all [installed,automatic]
gimp-help-common/stable,stable,now 3.0.0-4 all [installed,automatic]
gimp-help-en/stable,stable,now 3.0.0-4 all [installed]
gimp/stable,stable-security,now 3.0.4-3+deb13u10 amd64 [installed]
gir1.2-gimp-3.0/stable,stable-security,now 3.0.4-3+deb13u10 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libgimp-3.0-0/stable,stable-security,now 3.0.4-3+deb13u10 amd64 [installed,automatic]Last edited by tux_99 (Today 20:12:03)
“Either the users control the program – or the program controls the users” Richard Stallman
Online
Found this:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo … ug=1107786
So Debian really has removed this important functionality from GIMP?
And no reaction whatsoever to the bug report by the maintainer?
If this is true (and it really seems to be) then this is quite disappointing.
“Either the users control the program – or the program controls the users” Richard Stallman
Online
Digging further, the following how-to sort of works, but the scan preview window doesn't work, it only shows a completely red page all the time:
https://daniel-lange.com/archives/195-G … rixie.html
Last edited by tux_99 (Today 20:51:53)
“Either the users control the program – or the program controls the users” Richard Stallman
Online