The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-20 16:15:52

ext4

Change MIYO, CROWZ or STAR to GERMAN language

Hi, I am new here and I am from Germany.

I have successfully installed MIYO BASE ASCII on very old hardware (INTEL ATOM, 1GB RAM).

I also tested CROWZ and STAR in their ASCII versions. Again, I could not change the language.

All versions run great, exactly as I imagined.

How can I now change the system language of MIYO, CROWZ or STAR to "GERMAN"?

Greetings
Frank

###

Hi, ich bin neu hier und komme aus Deutschland.

Ich habe MIYO BASE ASCII auf sehr alter Hardware (INTEL ATOM, 1GB RAM) erfolgreich installiert.

Habe auch CROWZ und STAR in den jeweiligen ASCII-Versionen getestet. Auch hier konnte ich die Sprache nicht umstellen.

Alle Versionen laufen super, genau so wie ich es mir vorgestellt habe.

Wie kann ich nun die Systemsprache bei MIYO, CROWZ oder STAR auf "DEUTSCH" umstellen?

Grüße
Frank

#2 2023-05-20 17:19:51

Camtaf

Re: Change MIYO, CROWZ or STAR to GERMAN language

You should be able to change them from a terminal using the following, just add your Country designation, (mine would be UK).

For the GUI => 

setxkbmap=UK

For the CLI => 

loadkeys=UK

Last edited by Camtaf (2023-05-20 17:23:19)

#3 2023-05-20 17:57:39

fsmithred
Administrator

In the installed system, you should be able to set language and keyboard by running (as root or with sudo)

dpkg-reconfigure locales
dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

You can configure more than one language and keyboard and choose which one is the default.

If you want to change the language and keyboard when you boot a live-CD or live-USB, edit the  boot command to add

locales=de_DE.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=de

Note: To access the boot command at the boot menu, press TAB if you booted legacy bios or press e if you booted UEFI.

#4 2023-07-06 12:46:50

oui

other way

install the refracta tools for ex. using synaptic

make a refractasnapshot

prepare an USB stick with that

start the usb stick: immediatly after start, the snapshoted system offer to change the language with no ballast (other languages create a real ballast in your installation. And more, in the dialog between you and the system on the one side, and between you and such a community like that forum, at the other side.

~~~

andere Möglichkeit

installiere die Refracta-Werkzeuge (mit Hilfe von Synaptic)

und mache sofort ein Refracta-Snapshot von Deiner Installation.

Bringe es auf einem Stick

Starte mit dem Stick

Direkt im Startmenu wird Dir angeboten in einer anderen Sprache zu starten (Du musst F! glaube ich dafür drücken, und die Sprache sowie Tastatur angeben).

Das hat den Vorteil, nur Englisch in Deiner Installation zu haben, und unnötigen (beachtlichen) Ballast aussen vor zu lassen... Auch kannst Du leichter mit Anderen, so mit dem Forum, reden, da Du englischen Namen beherrschst!

Board footer