The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-21 20:20:15

aluma

SP Flash Tool and lsusb.

The question is specific and far from Devian, so there is no particular hope that one of the colleagues has come across this.

There is a program for flashing androids with an MTK processor using a computer, communication via usb. Each MTK model has its own scatter file.
When I connect andorid, lsusb does not show the device. But if the scatter file does not match the processor, the SP Flash Tool will issue a warning.
But where does she get information about the connected device from?
Your deeds are wonderful, Lord ...

#2 2023-02-21 22:37:37

Altoid

Re: SP Flash Tool and lsusb.

Hello:

Haven't come across this but ...

I don't think there's any magic or wonder of any sort going on here.

The fact that lsusb does not show the connected device only means that.
ie: that it does not show/detect it.

But it does not mean that the SP Flash Tool cannot read the processor information belonging to the Android device.
ie: after all, it is the SP Flash Tool app that is doing the reading.

The thing is that (from what you are saying) the only place the SP Flash Tool can check the processor data is on the Android device.
And the only way the SP Flash Tool can do that is through the USB connection you established by plugging in the device.

That is, unless I am missing some new and recently develped tech.

Best,

A.

#3 2023-02-22 02:39:22

alexkemp

I think that Android 5 was the last that let you do what you want to do, which essentially is to mount the Android 'disc' on a foreign machine. The only means of USB connection with Android 6 & higher is via MTP ('Media Transfer Protocol') which, essentially, is connection via modem. It thus prevents any mounting of the Android electronics on anything other than Android localhost.

Because of the above lsusb becomes ineffective.

#4 2023-02-22 07:51:48

aluma

Thank you, guys!

For me, the surprise was the presence of a physical interface with data exchange, which is not detected (or the system "does not see") in the traditional way.

Let's take it as a fact. smile

#5 2023-02-22 11:39:17

alexkemp

Hmm. Turns out that these are smartphones with Mediatek MT62xx / MT65xx / MT67xx  Family chips (MTK chips) only. So, disregard my previous post.

Board footer