The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-03 21:31:37

zapper

Here is a good lesson, in the art of the troll!

https://github.com/audacity/audacity/issues/4271

Btw, look quickly before its gone... this especially means you @headonastick

smile

Whoops, meant this:

@Head_on_a_Stick

Last edited by zapper (2023-02-03 21:32:13)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#2 2023-02-03 21:50:43

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Here is a good lesson, in the art of the troll!

Meh. Not impressed.

Check out my forums.debian.net post history. Some real gems in there. Even when I was on the "staff". It was my fault that the Debian developers finally took an interest in the place again and flew in their wonderful "donald", if that is their real name.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#3 2023-02-03 21:56:48

zapper

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Meh. Not impressed.

Check out my forums.debian.net post history. Some real gems in there. Even when I was on the "staff". It was my fault that the Debian developers finally took an interest in the place again and flew in their wonderful "donald", if that is their real name.

Not impressed?

Go figure...

That being said, can you show me some of your gems of trolling?

smile

Windows 3.0

Pressing ALT F4 when audacity was opened, didn't give me a million dollars?

I thought that was absurd lol.

That being said, you must have a different idea of trolling then me or Andy.

He thought it was hysterical.

xD

I know I did.

Last edited by zapper (2023-02-03 21:59:20)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Peace Be With us All!

#4 2023-02-03 22:34:07

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Here's how to troll with a PR:

https://github.com/VegaDeftwing/opinion … og/archwtf

The PR itself was removed but "VegaDeftwing" (if that is their real name) helpfully saved screenshots of all my posts. Just use the "view raw" option on the images to behold the magnificence...

They even tried to grass me up to the Arch devs lol

EDIT: the actual PR just completely deleted their terrible Arch installation "guide", which can be found here.

EDIT2: and here's the follow-up blog post:

https://opguides.info/posts/wtfarch/

Fucking hilarious.

Last edited by Head_on_a_Stick (2023-02-03 22:39:43)

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#5 2023-02-03 23:36:42

andyprough

Well unfortunately your issue got "closed as not planned" and locked zapper. Not sure how I will earn my million dollars using Windows 3.0 now, I was really counting on that.

Guess I will have to go to Plan B - hacking into Fort Knox using my Commodore 64.

#6 2023-02-04 02:43:15

zapper

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Here's how to troll with a PR:

https://github.com/VegaDeftwing/opinion … og/archwtf

The PR itself was removed but "VegaDeftwing" (if that is their real name) helpfully saved screenshots of all my posts. Just use the "view raw" option on the images to behold the magnificence...

They even tried to grass me up to the Arch devs lol

EDIT: the actual PR just completely deleted their terrible Arch installation "guide", which can be found here.

EDIT2: and here's the follow-up blog post:

https://opguides.info/posts/wtfarch/

Fucking hilarious.

The follow-up blog post you mentioned started out actually funnier than I expected lol.

the part where you responded to him saying contribute to the guide instead, your response has already started out hysterical that soon.

smile

Though, maybe I should mention, that was actually the funniest part for me.  Went down in quality after that little by little I thought.

The first, was brilliant, the fifth, was amusing, the 8th, was a bit confusing as to the joke there? I assume it has to do with it being experimental software? Idk...

The rest, meh...

That being said, I enjoy sarcastic trolling more than regular trolling usually, so that might explain why I feel this way if you didn't understand before.

big_smile

Last edited by zapper (2023-02-04 03:13:58)

Peace Be With us All!

#7 2023-02-04 02:44:20

zapper

andyprough wrote:

Well unfortunately your issue got "closed as not planned" and locked zapper. Not sure how I will earn my million dollars using Windows 3.0 now, I was really counting on that.

Guess I will have to go to Plan B - hacking into Fort Knox using my Commodore 64.

Dude, you expected any different? You even suggested to me after laughing a bunch that I would get banned from commenting there. tongue

To clarify, from that repo ofc...

xD

Last edited by zapper (2023-02-04 02:57:35)

Peace Be With us All!

#8 2023-03-21 18:14:46

zapper

Just a  bump, because that thread was deleted LOL.

Peace Be With us All!

Board footer