The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-07 15:16:11

recklessswing

Does sysvinit make you wait for rebooting if NFS was cut off?

You know systemd, a USB was put in? Waiting for some stupid shit (1 min 30 seconds/infinite). I frequently connect to NFS, sometimes server gets broken. Then I click reboot, but it won't reboot because of systemd, and this happens on my debian system. Does it also happen with devuan? I am so sick of this...

Last edited by recklessswing (2023-01-07 18:45:51)

#2 2023-01-07 21:52:35

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Does sysvinit make you wait for rebooting if NFS was cut off?

I just tested this, and yes, there's a delay on reboot if the nfs server goes down while the share is mounted. The delay was less than 10 seconds on an old thinkpad with an i5 cpu. To avoid the delay before attempting reboot, you can unmount the share with

umount -l <nfs-share-mountpoint>

There might be a way to shorten the timeout on the delay, but I don't know where that would be.

#3 2023-01-07 21:57:21

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Does sysvinit make you wait for rebooting if NFS was cut off?

Apologies for the off-topic post but if the OP is struggling with this under systemd they can change the DefaultTimeout values in /etc/systemd/system.conf to avoid having to wait. Also, pressing <ctrl>+<alt>+<delete> more than seven times in two seconds should force a reboot without having to wait for the timeout.

A more "correct" solution would be to use the various x.systemd-* options for the share in /etc/fstab.

[/off-topic]

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

Board footer