The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-23 18:31:47

fab161

EDev1

Hello there,
today I'm happy to announce the first release of the Devuan spin 'EDev1':

With this spin I want to share my enthusiasm for the Enlightenment (E) desktop environment.
This spin is based on a Devuan net-installation, just the standard repositories are enabled.

It provides a full-featured (but very lightweight) E environment with some extra themes and various desktop profiles
(look at the settings panel). Also, the Numix GTK theme, the Gnome Colors icons and some
useful tools (mainly AbiWord, Gnumeric, PCManFM, VLC media player, HTOP, Mousepad and VIM) are preinstalled.
E-Devuan does NOT provide any proprietary software by default (watch out for drivers!). Further, you can use the tools refractasnapshot (to create custom ISOs) and the refractainstaller (for offline installation).

The default language of EDev1 is US English. Other languages can be selected at the boot splash
screen of Devuan. The keyboard layout should be selected in the E-settings-panel. Please
remember, that the keyboard settings are E-profile specific.

NOTES:
• I do not have enough time and knowledge to maintain a spin or a distribution. If you want
to get support for Enlightenment, please use Elive or Bodhi Linux.
• Currently, there is no UEFI support in E-Dev1.

KNOWN ISSUES:
• The Enlightenment icon bug: Sometimes icons in the bar just seem to disappear, but there
are not gone. The starters still work, but the icons are not there. In Devuan the bug can be
fixed (maybe) when an icon set is reloaded (look at the E-settings-panel).

DEFAULT PASSWORDS:
username: edevuan
password: edevuan
root-password: edevuan

You can download EDev1 4.0.1.1 and related files from: edev1.sourceforge.io/

Have fun,
fab161

#2 2021-12-23 23:52:28

aitor
Website

Re: EDev1

Thanks! Downloading it...

If you work systematically, things will come by itself (Lev D. Landau)

#3 2021-12-25 19:42:10

zephyr
Website

Re: EDev1

^
+ 1

cheers

zephyr

CROWZ
easier to light a candle, yet curse the dark instead / experience life, or simply ...merely exist / ride the serpent / molon labe

Board footer