The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-30 13:15:57

Danielsan

Hasn't Devuan started to roll yet?

Hi Folks,

my Debian Testing starts rolling but my Devaun Workstation hasn't started yet... sad

How long is gonna take to roll again?

Thanks,

D.

#2 2021-08-30 13:22:37

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Hasn't Devuan started to roll yet?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Right now, debian and devuan are out of sync with respect to "stable" and "testing". Chimaera will move to stable and be officially released when we fix a few issues with the isos and get the documentation written. After that happens, I expect work will begin on the next release.

It should be a matter of a few weeks, not a few months.

But as usual, bottom line is "When it's ready."

#3 2021-08-30 15:25:32

Danielsan

Thanks for your reply, it was exactly what I was asking for!

Look forward for the next development, Devuan is really amazing my current favorite Desktop Distro!

#4 2021-08-30 19:28:42

darry1966

fsmithred wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Right now, debian and devuan are out of sync with respect to "stable" and "testing". Chimaera will move to stable and be officially released when we fix a few issues with the isos and get the documentation written. After that happens, I expect work will begin on the next release.

It should be a matter of a few weeks, not a few months.

But as usual, bottom line is "When it's ready."

+1 smile

#5 2021-08-31 00:35:07

zapper

Considering how stable people say devuan chimaera is,  I would say probably less than a year and it will be stable. smile
If nothing else though, looking at the difference in release dates will give you a good idea.

wink

But yeah, when its ready is the official answer.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

Board footer