The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-02 12:09:26

brday
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 38  

Support for DevuanDog!

Why did devuandog stay in 2019? Don't you know how to update this nice system derived from devuan?  sad

Offline

#2 2021-06-02 12:36:12

Altoid
Member
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 863  

Re: Support for DevuanDog!

Hello:

brday wrote:

Why did devuandog stay in 2019? ...

It was discontinued/terminated.

See: https://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtop … 2#p1040932

fredx181 wrote:

Reason is that I've found a self-supporting way, which I prefer, to avoid systemd, BusterDog is based on Debian Buster with a few alterations to make possible running without systemd.

A.

Offline

#3 2021-06-02 13:15:52

brday
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 38  

Re: Support for DevuanDog!

Altoid wrote:

Hello:

brday wrote:

Why did devuandog stay in 2019? ...

It was discontinued/terminated.

See: https://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtop … 2#p1040932

fredx181 wrote:

Reason is that I've found a self-supporting way, which I prefer, to avoid systemd, BusterDog is based on Debian Buster with a few alterations to make possible running without systemd.

A.


Hello

BusterDog  is still available and active? What is your link to download your Live iso ? Since July 2020 there is no activity on your forum.

I don't understand how a nice system like DevuanDog has been discontinued. Sorry in what flavor of Devuan do you have software updated to date with firefox which is about version 89? sad

Last edited by brday (2021-06-02 13:16:53)

Offline

#4 2021-06-02 17:05:47

Altoid
Member
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 863  

Re: Support for DevuanDog!

Hello:

brday wrote:

BusterDog is still available and active?

Hmm ...
No idea.
Not my dog.
Sadly, I haven't had a dog since I was 16.

brday wrote:

What is your link to download your Live iso?

I don't have a Live iso, hence I have no link to anything you can download.

brday wrote:

Since July 2020 there is no activity on your forum.

Makes sense ...
I don't have a forum.
Never had one.

brday wrote:

I don't understand how a nice system like DevuanDog has been discontinued.

Hmm ...

Ask the author?
Or carefully read what he posted here --> https://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtop … c#p1040932

ie:

fredx181 wrote:

Reason is that I've found a self-supporting way, which I prefer, to avoid systemd, BusterDog is based on Debian Buster with a few alterations to make possible running without systemd.

brday wrote:

Sorry ...

It's quite all right.
Every one has a bad day at some time or another.
I have one every week.
Usually on tuesdays, occasionally fridays.

brday wrote:

...  in what flavor of Devuan do you have software updated to date with firefox which is about version 89?

Sorry to dissapoint you.
I don't have any flavours of Devuan.
Just the plain Devuan Beowulf I got here.

But my all time favourite ice cream flavour is bitter chocolate with dark chocolate chips mixed in.
Yes, redundancy is a real thing for me.

Cheers,   8^P

A.

Last edited by Altoid (2021-06-02 17:07:54)

Offline

Board footer