The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-22 15:28:19

mckaygerhard
Website

hp laptos, camera problem ans reason of why get hand [no solution]

iposted here this to help those that have same problem..

in my laptop and hp dv1000 the camera have some problem.. i noted its same problem with many hp hardware..

take in consideration that hp and linux are not preciselly friends..

camera starts.. light of camera get on! but the program that start the camera dont lauch or lauch but said no devices detected...

camera now mantains light on, seems get hang and not respond...

if try to use it, with any other program does not respond or seems not exist anymore..

the problem its that the camera its a usb internal device, and the usb bus could restart the device.. only happened in the laptos..

if the camera are usb extenal, with changin of port are enough

#2 2017-06-23 23:04:22

greenjeans
Website

Re: hp laptos, camera problem ans reason of why get hand [no solution]

Kind of having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do? Use the laptop's camera? Plug in a digital camera via USB?

In any case, i'm surprised if you are having an issue, as I have two HP laptops and have installed Devuan on 4 other HP and Compaq machines, and cameras all work so far in every machine.

VLC or Cheese will run the HP built-in laptop cameras just fine.

As for plugging in digitals, Devuan recognizes them when you plug them in, every one i've tried.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

#3 2017-06-24 02:18:44

mckaygerhard
Website

Re: hp laptos, camera problem ans reason of why get hand [no solution]

its not a devuan problem... its a linux problem..  there-s a usb bus limitation in the USB implementation..

some special cases the camera get's on and never go offf... i try winbuntu, devuan, debian... in various versions.. only MS  guindows 7 works.. (well "was" due i removed jejeje)

the only way i find to solve its power off, reboot does not are enough

Board footer