The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-23 20:26:58

macondo

Linux distros are getting there...

Today I was able to watch Netflix in Void linux smile

Desktop Dual Core 8 GB RAM - Devuan Ceres - Slackware Current - Grub - JWM
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

#2 2019-07-31 08:04:00

SmokeyGrey

Re: Linux distros are getting there...

I'm curious. Did you have to manually enable DRM content, or does Void build Firefox/Chromium with that enabled by default?

If it's enabled by default, this means that your browser automatically downloaded and installed the closed source, proprietary Widevine DRM plugin onto your PC without asking.

The less likely scenario is that Netflix switched to an open source format for streaming.

#3 2019-08-08 18:20:33

macondo

SmokeyGrey wrote:

I'm curious. Did you have to manually enable DRM content, or does Void build Firefox/Chromium with that enabled by default?

No idea...

If it's enabled by default, this means that your browser automatically downloaded and installed the closed source, proprietary Widevine DRM plugin onto your PC without asking.

I installed chromium, updated all the repos, and then, installed 'chromium-widevine'
Logged into Netflix with my user/passwd and that was it, chrommium-widevine is in the repos.

I apologize for the delay, wasn't aware of your post.

Desktop Dual Core 8 GB RAM - Devuan Ceres - Slackware Current - Grub - JWM
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

#4 2019-08-16 06:27:09

SmokeyGrey

macondo wrote:

chrommium-widevine is in the repos.

Excellent, that answered my question perfectly. Thanks.

Board footer