#1 2018-07-01 19:44:57

rbit

Devuan Ascii - Suspend change?

In Jessie this worked:
/usr/bin/xfce4-session-logout --suspend

before suspending, the system would call
/etc/pm.d/sleep/50_unmount
which I have unmount certain things...

Now in Ascii, the /etc/pm.d/sleep/50_unmount is no longer called when suspending.
In fact, none of the files in /etc/pm.d/sleep are called when resuming from suspend, either.
Is this a bug or intentional change, or do I have something else misconfigured?

I can work around this, but just wondering what has changed or if /etc/pm.d/sleep/* has been abandoned for some other way of calling scripts on suspend/hibernate/thaw/resume.

#2 2018-07-02 03:05:22

rbit

Re: Devuan Ascii - Suspend change?

To reply to my self (or is it preferred to edit the original post):
Apparently this didn't begin with the Ascii upgrade (which I did 2 weeks ago) -- /var/log/pm-suspend.log has a date of Fri Jun 29 (morning wakeup time).  There's no record of Fri Jun 29 (night sleep time) or Sat Jun 30, Sun Jul 1 in /var/log/pm-suspend.log at all.  This is likely when the suspend/resume hooks stopped running.  This seems strange to me.  I have rebooted in the meantime, which did not correct the issue.  On Jun 29 I did remove mono and a bunch of things along with it... I'll see if any of that is related.  So at this point it seems less likely a bug and more likely something I've done to my own system.

[Mon Jul 2 AM edit]
So last night I directly ran /usr/sbin/pm-suspend instead of /usr/bin/xfce4-session-logout --suspend
The result was the hooks were called on suspend/resume, /var/log/pm-suspend.log was updated, screen was not locked on resume (of course).
I suppose I could change my suspend routine to call /usr/bin/xflock4 then run /usr/sbin/pm-suspend, after granting my user account the ability to run /usr/sbin/pm-suspend .  Still unclear as to what changed with xfce4-session-logout .

Last edited by rbit (2018-07-02 13:11:07)

Board footer