The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-21 12:44:57

MiyoLinux

Chimaera sources.list

Okay...at the worst, I'm an idiot, because I haven't been able to find anything about this. At the best, I'm still an idiot, because I haven't been able to find anything about this. tongue

I'm working on the latest MiyoLinux release based on Chimaera. I saw (and read) the Chimaera release notes. As such, I saw what the release notes noted in regard to the sources.list.

My conundrum is in regard to said sources.list...

The net installer places security updates as this in the sources.list...

deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main

However, the release notes say to use...

deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main

I realize the Release Notes should most likely be followed; however, I just wanted to double-check before I release something that may give users a nervous-jerkdown. tongue big_smile

So, my question is...which is correct to use in the sources.list?

EDIT: I used the "Expert Install" option of the netinstall...'cause I'm an expert n'stuff. smile

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2022-01-21 12:57:06)

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2022-01-21 14:47:31

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Chimaera sources.list

Please use deb.devuan.org so that the load gets spread out over all the mirrors in the round-robin.

#3 2022-01-21 15:35:14

MiyoLinux

fsmithred wrote:

Please use deb.devuan.org so that the load gets spread out over all the mirrors in the round-robin.

That's what I figured, but thank you for the confirmation sir. smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#4 2022-01-22 11:54:35

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

My VM also had that line. Perhaps the netinstall ISO needs a preseed line to correct the source.

Something like

d-i preseed/late_command string in-target sed -i 's|//pkgmaster.|//deb.|' /etc/apt/sources.list

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

Board footer