The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-30 11:57:18

shiztivr

Does Devuan's Cinnamon DE work with graphics tablets?

Cinnamon is one of my favourite desktop environments about, even if it isn't one of the lightest.
I grew a soft spot for it from Linux Mint which was my very first distro and it allowed me to be able to use and calibrate my Wacom graphics tablet out of the box so I could use Linux for all my productive work.

Before I consider installing Devuan with Cinnamon for real, I want to know how well it works with graphics tablets.
I ask this because I tried Cinnamon on MX Linux several times but it never detected my graphics tablet and, as far as I know, there have been no updates since it is still sitting in MX's test repository.

Thanks.

#2 2020-03-30 19:21:38

bgstack15

Re: Does Devuan's Cinnamon DE work with graphics tablets?

I'm no expert, but here's some general advice that you did not indicate if you already know.
Input device drivers for X11 are usually stored in packages named xserver-xorg-input-*, so xserver-xorg-input-wacom sounds like what you would want for just the raw input.

$ apt-cache search wacom
kde-config-tablet - implements a KDE configuration GUI for the Wacom drivers
libwacom-bin - Wacom model feature query library -- binaries
libwacom-common - Wacom model feature query library (common files)
libwacom-dev - Wacom model feature query library (development files)
libwacom2 - Wacom model feature query library
libwacom2-dbg - Wacom model feature query library (debug files)
xserver-xorg-input-wacom - X.Org X server -- Wacom input driver

What you could do on your Mint install is to look for what binary runs the graphical window of your tablet configurator, and see if we can find that in the Devuan repos. If nothing else, you could try the kde-config-tablet to see if that gets you what you want in a Devuan environment.

This space intentionally left blank.

Board footer