The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#276 2018-05-18 05:37:18

golinux
Administrator

Re: [MiyoLinux] New Releases Uploaded

Miyo does it awesomely this time!   Congrats!!

#277 2018-05-18 08:44:07

wdq
Website

UUUUUUUUUUU ---- IIIIII can`t wait to have it

YEAHHHH

I was waiting for a awesome-WM ..........

Good thinking Miyo .....i really can`t wait for this one!

Just a simple man!

#278 2018-05-19 19:59:04

MiyoLinux

Thanks golinux and wdq...

Still working on it...

Custom themes, custom window icons, customizing the rc.lua, customizing the theme.lua(s), customizing the menu, and trying to give users (new to Awesome) a nice and fully-functional desktop out of the box...but allowing Awesome veterans the ability to not have to change much to suit their taste...all the while...still allowing both parties to "Miyo" it. smile 

I hate to say it...but it's stinkin' awesome! tongue

Stinkin'

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#279 2018-05-22 02:51:49

MiyoLinux

Almost there... tongue

Click images to enlarge...

Default Desktop ?
final.png?1526957059

Desktop w/menu ?
default-w-menu.png?1526957121

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#280 2018-05-22 13:06:27

figdev

looks great, miyo.

#281 2018-05-22 15:41:23

pekman

Congratulations @MiyoLinux

#282 2018-05-26 03:04:00

MiyoLinux

Thanks everyone. The Awesome build is coming along nicely. I'm almost finished with the 32 bit version...I've done a bit of changing since the last screenshot that I posted. tongue

Also customized Slim for this upcoming release. Sorry, but if you install MiyoLinux Awesome, you get what MiyoLinux likes.

LOLOLOLOL!!!

LOL!

Still trying to find the right configuration to give someone new to Awesome a good experience while allowing veteran Awesomers the ability to not have to change too much. tongue That's a task unto itself.

Until then...

#283 2018-05-26 16:42:23

MiyoLinux

Whew! The 32 bit version of the Awesome build is finally finished! HOORAY! This has been a wild ride and a lot of fun. The 64 bit should go much quicker, and I hope to release them both soon.

I will now fess up...

I was in the middle of making new releases of Miyo-i3 based on Ascii...when I decided to check out the Awesome Window Manager. I was completely blown away with it. So...this has been a learning experience for me too. tongue

If anyone is using Miyo-i3, I apologize, but I do believe that Awesome will officially replace i3 as an alternative to the Openbox versions of Miyo... You can still upgrade Miyo-i3 to Ascii if you want to continue using the i3 version. smile

Here are some screenshots of the final Awesome set-up out of the box...

Default desktop...
https://13707080-557519846114226283.pre … t_orig.png

Default desktop showing free memory..

With Compton and Conky running...

With Compton, Conky, the menu...and an additional Screenshot utility running (other than the included Scrot)...hence the slightly higher RAM...
https://13707080-557519846114226283.pre … 9_orig.png

#284 2018-05-26 19:55:09

MiyoLinux

...and in case I haven't said it often enough...

LOLOLOLOL!!!

#285 2018-05-27 01:14:28

siva

MiyoLinux wrote:

...and in case I haven't said it often enough...

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Sometimes when you post, it reads like you're on crack, and I love it smile

Nice job with the memory usage btw.  I look forward to seeing the stats from your 64-bit build.

I noticed there was what looked like an openbox window border...is it also using openbox, or is that an awesomewm thing?

Keep it up.

#286 2018-05-27 01:45:21

mlsmith

siva wrote:

He's high on life, man. lol
Honestly, I wish I had all the positive energy that Miyo has.

#287 2018-05-27 02:12:22

golinux
Administrator

Hang around here long enough and you'll get your LOLOLs going . . .

#288 2018-05-27 02:15:12

mlsmith

golinux wrote:

Hang around here long enough and you'll get your LOLOLs going . . .

I guess you could say I'm more of a lurker. ;-)

#289 2018-05-27 07:38:23

mchasard

hi ,

you told about a new release ... where is the new iso please ?

Thanks in advance

#290 2018-05-27 11:42:14

MiyoLinux

mchasard wrote:

hi ,

you told about a new release ... where is the new iso please ?

Thanks in advance

Hi mchasard,

I only have the 32 bit version ready, but I'm also still testing it to make sure it's ready to be released for others. Normally, I try to release both 32 bit and 64 bit versions on the same day. However, if my testing of the 32 bit goes well, and if the 32 bit version is what you would like to have, I could go ahead and release it early. Just let me know. wink

Thank you.

#291 2018-05-27 12:19:52

MiyoLinux

siva wrote:

Nice job with the memory usage btw.  I look forward to seeing the stats from your 64-bit build.

I noticed there was what looked like an openbox window border...is it also using openbox, or is that an awesomewm thing?

Keep it up.

BUSTED...ON TWO FRONTS!

Regarding crack: never used it, but I did crack my collar bone in a motorcycle accident in 1983. Not being one to leave things half finished, a few days later, I broke it completely. tongue

Regarding Openbox: it's all Awesome; however, as I'm an Openbox lover, I made my own Openbox-like window control buttons and themes for this release. Awesome has so many window control buttons, that they can almost fill the entire title bar. One of my goals...as it was with MiyoLinux and Miyo-i3...is to try and make a system a little easier for people who may have wanted to try a window manager, but never felt comfortable enough to actually do so. One small part of that (for this release) is giving users a familiar look on the windows. So...yes, it looks Openboxy on purpose, but it's all Awesome. wink

Thanks! I may be a little looney at times, but I still think Linux is fun, and I want to try and make it fun for others. Plus, the occasional LOL goes a long way in cementing the air of professionalism that exudes from me.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

#292 2018-05-27 14:06:15

siva

MiyoLinux wrote:

Regarding crack: never used it, but I did crack my collar bone in a motorcycle accident in 1983. Not being one to leave things half finished, a few days later, I broke it completely. tongue

Well, as long as you aren't a crack addict...

Regarding Openbox: it's all Awesome; however, as I'm an Openbox lover, I made my own Openbox-like window control buttons and themes for this release. Awesome has so many window control buttons, that they can almost fill the entire title bar. One of my goals...as it was with MiyoLinux and Miyo-i3...is to try and make a system a little easier for people who may have wanted to try a window manager, but never felt comfortable enough to actually do so. One small part of that (for this release) is giving users a familiar look on the windows. So...yes, it looks Openboxy on purpose, but it's all Awesome. wink

That makes sense.  On the flip-side of this, Openbox has similar resize/non-titlebar features as well.  If only there were a way for it to tile...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Lol.

Last edited by siva (2018-05-27 14:06:36)

#293 2018-05-29 05:05:37

MiyoLinux

siva wrote:

I look forward to seeing the stats from your 64-bit build.

Trying to meet an upcoming deadline in my "professional life", so I went on a development frenzy over the weekend in order to get the 64 bit built. Here's a first build look-see.

Default desktop with free memory...

With compton and conky running...

I'm not officially announcing it, but I'm announcing it...if anyone is interested in the 32 bit version of Miyo-Awesome, it's available on Sourceforge...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … e/Awesome/

Still have work to do, files to upload 'n stuff. So please use the "info icon" to the far right of the .iso link in order to check either the md5sum or sha1sum. wink

#294 2018-05-29 21:21:25

MiyoLinux

While working on the 64 bit version, I realized two minor insignificant things that need to be changed in the 32 bit version, so I will be releasing it again. They in no way affect the system. One was simply a word change in the Live User Notes (Internet instead of Network), and the other is due to a change that I had made in the Welcome Screen. Due to that change, the Live User Notes aren't deleted after installation, because I neglected to also change the installer's excludes list to reflect that change. I hope to have the new 32 bit uploaded this evening and the 64 bit uploaded by the end of the week.

#295 2018-05-30 01:04:03

MiyoLinux

Okay...the new 32 bit version (with the pertinent changes) has been uploaded. Checksums match, so I've deleted the previous .iso...wow...there were already 15 downloads of it.

smile

Now to get to work on finishing up the 64 bit version.

By the way...

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by folks downloading Miyo. I never imagined this. Thank you. smile

#296 2018-06-02 12:40:17

MiyoLinux

Miyo-Awesome is now available in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. I still haven't uploaded a readme file, but I hope to do that later today.

Here is a condensed overview of the Release Notes...more information is given for each item in the actual Release Notes.

Welcome to the Awesome version of MiyoLinux! If you're new to the Awesome Window Manager, I hope that I've made it so that you can somewhat easily use the system while familiarizing yourself with how things are done with Awesome. If you're new to Awesome, the heart of Awesome is the rc.lua file found in ~/.config/awesome, and much of what you do is through editing configuration files manually. I've included a backup of the default rc.lua in case it's needed. At the same time, I hope veteran Awesome users will be able to dive right in without having to change too much.

1. IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING HIBERNATE
2. Note regarding the Menu.
3. SpaceFM (and udevil for mounting devices).
    Please see the important note about SpaceFM's Trash (and how to use it).
4. There is no network icon active in the system tray. It can be activated in the autostart section of the rc.lua if a user prefers to have it.
5. Though a power manager is included, it's not activated.

OTHER NOTES OF INTEREST

6. Repository Notes.
7. Slimlock is used to lock the screen.
8. How to activate the firewall with UFW.
9. For users who may want the Update Notifier.
10. The Battery widget in the panel.
11. LXAppearance vs. Awesome (setting themes, icons, and fonts)
12. Autostarting applications

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

More miscellaneous information is given in the Release Notes.

As always, there isn't much pre-installed so that users can add what they want. Also, one of the goals of MiyoLinux is...hopefully...for the user to have fun using the system. So...have fun! The .isos are available at...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … e/Awesome/

#297 2018-06-06 00:43:09

MiyoLinux

I am strongly considering leaving SourceForge and Githubaloo behind and moving everything "Miyo" to OSDN...downloads, git, wiki, etc. Many thanks to mlsmith for his help in finding this and the initial setup. I will see how things go with OSDN. So far, I'm really liking what I see and what they offer. I still have a lot of work to do there, but here's a link to the MiyoLinux page on OSDN.

https://osdn.net/projects/miyolinux/

#298 2018-06-06 03:44:51

zephyr
Website

Thanks, for the tip with  osdn.net, certainly worth taking a look at and consideration!

cheers

zephyr

CROWZ
easier to light a candle, yet curse the dark instead / experience life, or simply ...merely exist / ride the serpent / molon labe

#299 2018-06-06 10:31:40

zephyr
Website

@ MiyoLinux: Dan, took awesome for a spin and really blown away with every aspect, like what you did with it!

Haven't gone through it to see the configuration files yet, very impressed! : )

Screenshot_2018-06-06_10-50-20.th.png

cheers

zephyr

Last edited by zephyr (2018-06-06 10:53:13)

CROWZ
easier to light a candle, yet curse the dark instead / experience life, or simply ...merely exist / ride the serpent / molon labe

#300 2018-06-06 14:34:35

MiyoLinux

Wow! Thank you zephyr! That means a lot coming from you. smile

In regard to OSDN, I tried to upload there several times using their web UI, but it would always fail at various points each time. Others may have better luck with it than me. tongue I finally tried the ftp upload (using Filezilla), and it went smooth as silk on the first try. smile

Thanks again!

Board footer