The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-17 23:55:56

siva

Re: Any Devuan-based distros that use Debian's original installer?

Fernando Negro wrote:

So that, when using the installer, instead of a novice to GNU/Linux just (unreflectively) choosing "Yes" (to quickly move on with the installation) to a mere question about if s/he wants to add a proprietary component, s/he is instead forced to read such a warning in the instructions of how to do this, and be educated (i.e. warned) about the important issue in question.

Honestly, if this comment alone had been the entire first post, I think it would have saved a lot of people a lot of headache.

Debian is already a great distribution in itself. So, there's no need to modify anything about it, in my opinion (besides removing the systemd component).

Then fork the original: bleach it, rebrand it, and share it.  Setting up a personal github is easy.  I'm sure someone is bound to use it.

#27 2018-04-18 00:29:02

golinux
Administrator

Fernando Negro wrote:

Debian is already a great distribution in itself. So, there's no need to modify anything about it, in my opinion (besides removing the systemd component).

It is obvious you have no idea what 'removing the systemd component' involves.   More grandiose, empty 'opinions' from the gnat that keeps buzzing in our ears . . .

#28 2018-04-18 06:51:53

Fernando Negro

golinux,

I'm not even going to comment on your evaluations concerning the supposed quality of my comments - because I know that such type of appreciations of other people's posts in here are not the purpose (or, according to common sense, should ever be the subject) of discussions on this forum.

So, I'll just comment on something else that I feel the need to.

Because I'm not a native English speaker, your statement (in another thread) that I "like to chew on a dry bone" was something that left me in doubt as to whether that was an insult or not - and, just a low-level form of expressing contempt, instead. And so, I first gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But, you saying now that my opinions come "from the gnat that keeps buzzing in our ears" has just cleared my doubts, as to whether your unwanted appreciations are slightly and intentionally insulting or not.

If this is the disrespectful (and, unexpectedly low-level) type of behaviour from an "Administrator" of a forum, then there's (definitely) something very wrong with the latter.

Everyone else,

Please, excuse me if I have better things to do than to come back here.

Signed,

A Debian user who is considering migrating to Devuan.

Board footer