The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-07 18:30:19

Lomax

Hello, and thanks

Coming late to the party, perhaps, but happy to see there is a way to rid myself of systemd/udev/pulseaudio which doesn't require abandoning my Debian ways. I was seriously beginning to consider one of the BSD or Slackware based distros, despite the inevitable learning threshold for this old Debianite. With Devuan ASCII seemingly around the corner, I'm going to hang back and lurk on the forums until it's released in ISO form; for now I just want to say a big thanks to everyone who's helped make Devuan happen - your work is incredibly important and provides a path forward through the darkness. Debian is dead: long live Devuan!

"I cannot lie to you about your chances, but you have my sympathies."

#2 2018-03-05 23:39:11

echopoint

Re: Hello, and thanks

Just wanted to add another thanks as well. Just registered to do so. I checked Devuan out when it started because I was just as furious but I couldn't spare the time to help/fork debian then. You've done a tremendous amount of work to get this up and running, and I couldn't be happier with it. So good job to everyone and I'll see if I can't find some way to throw in and help as well.

#3 2018-03-06 00:10:59

golinux
Administrator

Welcome to both of you.  Devuan love is always appreciated.  smile

#4 2018-03-13 05:31:54

Webtyro

Looks like a good place to thank any involved with the Devuan project. My instinct was telling me to jump ship from systemd.
Many do not see it or do not care but this will bite them eventually. Glad you have provided me with a comfy place to watch the show.
It will get ugly and the writing is on the wall. Again thank you all. Wise move Devuan, very wise.

Default Deny

Board footer