You are not logged in.

#176 2017-11-30 05:21:01

MiyoLinux

Re: [MiyoLinux] New Releases Uploaded

greenjeans wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:
Linux::DesktopFiles

I got a dollah says this is all that's needed. wink

obmenu-generator will automatically run the -p -i command when you click on it the first time, so shouldn't be necessary to do that either.

That worked!

After upgrading to Ceres, I only had to reinstall...

apt-get install cpanminus

...then I ran...

cpanm Linux::DesktopFiles

...then I ran...

obmenu-generator -p -i

...and the menu returned. big_smile

Thanks greenjeans...that cut out an extra step or two that wasn't needed. Where do I send your dollah? tongue smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#177 2017-12-01 21:20:59

greenjeans
Website

No need for cpanminus, you can build the latest module from that link I posted above and install, then delete the extra stuff. Trizen built that module himself so you know it's optimized for obmenu-gen and menutray. wink

Replace obmenu-generator script.

Delete icons folder and cache.db from ~/.config/obmenu-generator. Now right click to open menu and it will re-populate automagically.

I did this last night on an ascii upgrade, worked perfectly.

MiyoLinux wrote:
greenjeans wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:
Linux::DesktopFiles

I got a dollah says this is all that's needed. wink

obmenu-generator will automatically run the -p -i command when you click on it the first time, so shouldn't be necessary to do that either.

That worked!

After upgrading to Ceres, I only had to reinstall...

apt-get install cpanminus

...then I ran...

cpanm Linux::DesktopFiles

...then I ran...

obmenu-generator -p -i

...and the menu returned. big_smile

Thanks greenjeans...that cut out an extra step or two that wasn't needed. Where do I send your dollah? tongue smile

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

#178 2017-12-01 21:24:51

greenjeans
Website

FYI to any reading and using Obmenu-generator already, you can retain your existing schema.pl file when upgrading, but it wouldn't hurt to take a minute and edit the file due to a couple deprecations in code:

"begin_cat"  -is now- "beg"
"end_cat" -is now- "end"

less code is always mo bettah. wink

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

#179 2017-12-31 05:00:22

MiyoLinux

Despite being sidetracked with LXQt and i3, I've been working quietly on new releases of MiyoLinux. It will be more user-friendly than ever. smile

I stinkin' love Openbox!  tongue

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#180 2017-12-31 09:25:02

fungus
Website

tongue.png

in yo face

happy 2018 with many miyo-ob editions

#181 2018-01-01 00:32:38

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

https://dev1galaxy.org/img/smilies/tongue.png

in yo face

happy 2018 with many miyo-ob editions

LOL!

For now...and unless Devuan releases Ascii before I can have these finished...they will be based on Jessie. However, upgrading to Ascii will be easier than ever...I'm bringing obmenu-generator back, and regaining the menu will only take two commands (in the terminal) if a user upgrades to Ascii. smile

All of the "Miyo tools" have been changed to open as GUIs, and the panel switcher will now change panels with one click, but it also overwrites the autostart file to use the chosen panel...so a user won't even have to modify the autostart file themselves. smile

Miyo-XTRA has greatly outnumbered the regular MiyoLinux downloads, so at this juncture, that will become MiyoLinux...though a user can still make it into a minimal Openbox desktop (with little effort) if they prefer.

I'm also considering making a Control Center, but that may be something I save for a future release...after all, the purpose of MiyoLinux is to provide a very minimal system that allows a user to "make it your own"...there's only so much that can be done while staying true to that original vision. If I throw all of my eggs into one basket, there'll be nothing to look forward to. LOL!

I'll shut up now...I've already said too much. tongue

#182 2018-01-01 09:46:35

fungus
Website

I gave my refracted OpenRC eudev ascii a new-year's gift, a new kernel

https://wp.me/a948NZ-8a

#183 2018-01-02 05:01:33

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

I gave my refracted OpenRC eudev ascii a new-year's gift, a new kernel

https://wp.me/a948NZ-8a

big_smile

Long live DevuRefractaRCism! tongue

#184 2018-01-05 07:17:57

fungus
Website

On my old (since stone age) Debian installation I have about the same ob setup.
When it starts up the static RAM is about 2.5 times more than it is with RedrasciiOpenRC.
About the only thing that can beat this is Obarun without a DM.  It is also the fastest booting system I have seen.  S6 has yet to produce a single freeze or crash of any form.

#185 2018-01-06 04:41:49

MiyoLinux

The latest releases of Miyo-XTRA are now available. smile  Available in 32 bit and 64 bit versions. wink

It's almost midnight here, so I'm about to call it a night; however, I wanted to let folks know that they're available for download. I'll give more information tomorrow. They can be downloaded from here...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … e/Openbox/

#186 2018-01-06 16:42:29

MiyoLinux

Grrr...busy day today. Hope to give more information on the new release later. Until then, here's a short video of it if anyone is interested... tongue

https://youtu.be/YZMkEFxUMvk

#187 2018-01-06 21:05:40

MiyoLinux

I don't think I'll have time to make a proper post of what's new, so I'll just do it quickly.

Miyo-XTRA is still Miyo...a minimal and base system that allows the user to install what they want/need on their system. Those familiar with MiyoLinux will know basically what is included...not much of nothin'!

In "addition" to not much of anything tongue , there's no archive manager installed in this build so that users can choose the one they want.

Here's what's changed...

1. Using the amprolla repositories.
2. The Miyo Accessories now open as GUIs...or as I call them...SGUIs ("Simple"GUIs).
3. The XTRA means you get "extra" panels to choose from...tint2, LXPanel, Xfce4 Panel, and I've chosen to use Docky instead of Plank for the dock.

The panel switcher now changes panels with one click, and it overwrites the autostart file to use the chosen panel upon reboots. smile

4. Added a ... I don't know the proper terminology for it ... "desktop loading sound" that will play when the desktop first loads up. For those who don't like it or want it, it can be disabled in the autostart file. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want it though, because it's stinkin' awesome! LOLOLOLOLOL!!! big_smile
5. The latest version of obmenu-generator is the Openbox menu. Now if a user upgrades to Ascii, they can regain the menu with only two terminal commands...plus, I left everything in from the git build...after all, git and build-essential are handy for a lot of people to have anyway, and they didn't make the .isos that much larger.

Other than those items and a couple of new wallpapers...it's the same old Miyo. wink

The Release Notes give much more information and detail...please make sure to read them.

Have fun, and "make it your own"!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … e/Openbox/

#188 2018-01-12 03:14:34

MiyoLinux

Aye yai yai...

Been working on a "Live Session Keyboard Layout Changer" with YAD for MiyoLinux. It think that it's safe to say that all of my hair is now gone. tongue

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Flags are huge. The right size flags don't have all of the countries/layouts. Scaling the huge flags with Gimp doesn't look right...

Commands don't always seem to work like they do in the terminal...

...but I'm pressing on! big_smile

#189 2018-01-12 04:10:21

MiyoLinux

MiyoLinux wrote:

Aye yai yai...

Been working on a "Live Session Keyboard Layout Changer" with YAD for MiyoLinux. It think that it's safe to say that all of my hair is now gone. tongue

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Flags are huge. The right size flags don't have all of the countries/layouts. Scaling the huge flags with Gimp doesn't look right...

Commands don't always seem to work like they do in the terminal...

...but I'm pressing on! big_smile

Well...that was quick! I just had to vent a little bit... smile

Got the commands working now...and hey...don't ask me what I did, because I just kept doin' stuff 'till it worked! I'm a stinkin' coding savante and didn't even know it! LOLOL! Just need to figure out what to do about the country/layout flags now. tongue

There's 94 of 'em...most of the "right size flags" work; it's the missing flags amongst the "right-size" that are giving me grief. LOLOLOL!!!

The SCC (Simple Control Center) is coming along nicely too! big_smile

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2018-01-12 04:30:25)

#190 2018-01-13 03:08:04

MiyoLinux

Finished up the Live Keyboard Layout Switcher today. Got all the flags looking good, and it works like a charm. A user will be able to instantly change keyboard layouts on the fly. This will really help folks running a live session...which was my purpose for building it. smile  It could also benefit installed systems if a user needs a different layout at times...and you're not limited to only four layouts! big_smile  Try all 94 of 'em if you want! LOL!  Changes only remain for the current session (or changing it back during said session). The default keyboard configuration returns after logout or reboot. So, when you click a layout, the system automatically adopts it; therefore, one can click away.

Not sure how many hours I put into this, but it was less time than all of the searching I did trying to find something like this for Openbox. I tried one in a previous release, but it was a little buggy.

So...I "made my own". LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!  tongue

#191 2018-01-13 13:29:55

fungus
Website

I think it is time to set up your own repository so your "fans" can just update their installation instead of reinstalling all of it.
I see you have received some media publicity for your noisy video smile

You may want to take a look at a Q4OS live image and their SGUI of installing additional popular software.  They are big in LXQT too ... 

After all the heat I got from Void people, for publishing your comment about Void as an editorial, I finally got it to install on my own pc (it wouldn't even boot the live image, havem\t figured out why, even though their xfg-intel crap was on there) and I have been learning my ropes around "it" ... the void.
Interesting!

I am trying to miyo my void now.

#192 2018-01-13 14:00:06

MiyoLinux

I've kicked the idea around about having a repository, but I've opted not to for several reasons. The two biggest reasons are...

1. It's about Devuan.
2. If anything ever happens to me for whatever reason, folks will still be able to update/upgrade their system since it's all Devuan repositories. smile  Especially now that I'm installing Obmenu-Generator through git, and fixing it is so easy now if a user dist-upgrades.

I have thought about making a Github/Gitlab/Gitsomething account or a "Repository" folder on Sourceforge so that people could download and install some of this stuff onto their existing installations.

#193 2018-01-13 14:40:43

fungus
Website

If all can be contained into a desktop, the miyo desktop, over devuan, I don't see why this would be a problem.  But maybe I don't know what it takes to do so and it may be overly complex.

Why don't I have my own fork of Devuan?  Because it takes about 3-4 days at my connection speed to upload a GB successfully.  It kept failing and I gave up.

#194 2018-01-13 16:54:03

MiyoLinux

Live Keyboard Changer.  smile

2018-01-13-114309-1366x768-scrot_1.png?1515862092

#195 2018-01-13 17:12:50

golinux
Administrator

#196 2018-01-13 19:57:08

MiyoLinux

Thank you ma'am. smile

I have to admit...this thing is stinkin' fun! LOL!

Here...I'll quickly change over to Arabic to show what it'll do...

أثمخخم! اخص شقث غخع فخيشغ؟

If your Arabic, please don't be offended...I used my US keyboard to type, "Hello, how are you today?"...but I don't know what it spelled out in Arabic!

Here's a little Greek for you...

Ου! Σηατ αμ Ι δοινγ?!?!?!?

I said, "Oy! What am I doing?!?!?!?" Whether that's what it said in Greek, I don't know, because I'm still using my US keyboard. LOLOLOL!!!

DEVUAN! KEYBOARD! LIVE SESSION! big_smile

I'm having a stinkin' ball with this! tongue

#197 2018-01-13 20:28:40

fungus
Website

Ι δον
I don't see my Papua flag in there wink

#198 2018-01-13 20:54:37

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

Ι δον
I don't see my Papua flag in there wink

Hey! I know some folks from Papua New Guinea!

Do they have a keyboard layout...  -_-

DOH! I used LXDE's keyboard layout switcher as a guide...so you'll have to blame them. wink

I noticed there is no English (Australia)...wondering if Australia/New Zealand uses the English UK as a keyboard layout?

#199 2018-01-15 11:08:41

fungus
Website

Νο Belize english either, that's a major flaw

#200 2018-01-15 16:41:57

MiyoLinux

MiyoLinux wrote:

I noticed there is no English (Australia)...wondering if Australia/New Zealand uses the English UK as a keyboard layout?

Oh...I finally figured it out...

¡ʇnoʎɐן (ɹǝpun uʍop) np ɥsıןbuǝ ǝɥʇ ǝsn ʎǝɥʇ

smile

Board footer