The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-03 17:39:20

piratess

Wireless issues

I'm having two problems with my wireless at the moment and I don't know if they are connected so I'm posting them both up.

1) Wireless disconnects frequently but inconsistently and in no set intervals. I have tried checking the driver and turning power management off, but nothing seems to help.

2) I can't switch to another network as I am "Not authorized to control networking"

I tried solutions posted on other linux forums and they don't help, so I'm trying here, as I've never had this with other distros. I'm new to devuan and I'd really like to recommend it, but I can't in good conscience until this is working.

#2 2017-12-03 18:20:03

golinux
Administrator

Re: Wireless issues

That post is short on specifics.  What are you using to connect?  What driver do you have installed for what hardware?  Could we see your sources.list?  I'm only wired so can't help much but I know that info would be useful to find a solution.

#3 2017-12-04 01:30:56

F_Sauce

Re: Wireless issues

piratess wrote:

I'm having two problems with my wireless at the moment and I don't know if they are connected so I'm posting them both up.

1) Wireless disconnects frequently but inconsistently and in no set intervals. I have tried checking the driver and turning power management off, but nothing seems to help.

2) I can't switch to another network as I am "Not authorized to control networking"

I tried solutions posted on other linux forums and they don't help, so I'm trying here, as I've never had this with other distros. I'm new to devuan and I'd really like to recommend it, but I can't in good conscience until this is working.

Just a note on my experience with wireless NICs; I have set up two laptops to use wireles and can't remember having had any issues, in that regard, with any of those. As golinux said you need to explain more in detail about software, procedure etc; for instance, do you use NetworkManager, which DE or WM, which NIC and driver ... ?

You might try a different approach with better luck, and you might find some useful info here:
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse

Cheers,
Olav

Board footer